A dual monitor software helps to simplify multitasking. In this setup, you can control multiple (in case of dual/two) screens in a computer system with the help of a software. For example, if looking to pursue a career in ‘streaming yourself’ while playing games, you will require a dual monitor software so that you can enjoy your gaming on one screen and read the opinion of other people from the ‘chat’ displayed on the other screen.
6 Dual Monitor Software to Use for Windows
To configure and control the setup, you will require an efficient software, here are six of the best dual monitor software to use in 2020 –
One of the essential features of having a dual monitor software is to have a separate taskbar for each monitor. This is where the DisplayFusion software comes in handy. It ensures that each monitor has an independent taskbar that can be configurable. You can even have a clock with a different time zone in each monitor.
- DisplayFusion also allows you to have either the same wallpaper on both the monitors or have different wallpapers for both the monitors or even have the same wallpaper stretched across the two monitor screens.
- Another useful feature is ‘Monitor Fading’, using which you can dim the brightness of the monitor, which is not currently in use.
- There are several other features by which you can control the monitor. Some of them are mouse positioning, playback devices, recording devices, window positioning, etc.
- You can set custom shortcut keys for each of these functions, making your work much more comfortable.
This software comes in two editions-
- DisplayFusion Free
- DisplayFusion Pro
All in all, DisplayFusion is one of the most highly recommended software for a dual monitor software because it can make your multitasking easy to handle.
Visit : DisplayFusion
If you want a dual monitor software requiring a regular Ethernet or Wi-Fi network connection, without any extra hardware to share one mouse and one keyboard between two PC’s, then Synergy software is the right choice. The literal meaning of the word ‘Synergy’ is to cooperate with two or more organizations to produce a combined effect that will be larger than the sum of their separate effects.
- Similarly, the Synergy software gives you the feature to share a single mouse and keyboard between two or more computers that are in the same network. It works equally well even if all the computers have different operating systems.
- The mouse seamlessly transitions between the monitors. For Synergy, one monitor acts as the Primary computer (server), and the other monitor (without the mouse and keyboard) serves as the Secondary computer (client).
- When you use Synergy, it feels like having a physical connection with the secondary computer. You must download this software on both the monitors.
- It provides you the feature to copy and paste any images and text between your monitors. You can copy a folder by dragging it from one desktop to the other.
- It allows you to create your shortcut keys for various functions making your work easier.
This dual monitor software comes in four editions-
The main difference between the primary and the other three versions is that the Basic version is not ‘SSL’ certified, i.e., sensitive information passed between computers will not be encrypted.
Visit : Synergy
The Input Director software is a free alternative to the Synergy software. It provides you more or less the same features as Synergy. However, it only works for Windows ,i.e., both the monitors that you are sharing need to have Windows as their operating system.
It also allows you to copy and paste files across computers. For Input Director, one PC acts as the ‘Master’ (with the attached mouse and keyboard), and the other acts as the ‘Slave.’ You must download the software on both PCs. Once downloaded on the Main PC, you can guide the software on how your monitors are positioned by merely dragging the monitor symbols on the monitor grid.
- This dual monitor software provides you the feature to control how your mouse transitions between the two monitor screens.
- Under the Master Preferences, you can check the box- ‘Don’t allow transitions near a monitor’s corners.’ This will prevent the mouse from jumping to the second monitor if you are close to a corner.
- It also provides a ‘Water Ripple’ effect that surrounds the cursor with a ripple for a couple of seconds after you transition from monitor to the other to help your eyes.
- Unlike the basic edition of Synergy, Input Director is SSL certified.
Therefore, it is a convenient free alternative to Synergy software.
Visit : Input Director
Also consider taking a look at these 6 Best Free Craigslist Posting Software In 2020
This software is also a handy tool to control a dual monitor software. Once installed, you can set either monitor as the primary monitor.
- It provides you the feature to set the same or different Screen Saver for each monitor.
- The Wallpaper feature is similar to DisplayFusion software.
- However, unlike any other software, you can Enable or Disable the secondary monitor on a single click.
- Another exciting feature of UltraMon is the ‘Smart Taskbar’. It allows you to stretch the taskbar across the two monitor screens.
- The ‘Mirroring’ feature allows you to display the same thing on both the monitors.
- You can also switch a window between the two monitors with a single click.
- Moreover, you can create your Hotkeys for performing different operations between the two monitors.
All these features make UltraMon attractive dual monitor software.
Visit : UltraMon
Actual Multiple Monitors (AMM)
This software helps in controlling a dual or multiple monitor setup for Windows operating systems. Similar to DisplayFusion, it allows you to have separate taskbars for each monitor.
- It provides you the feature to set different wallpapers and screensavers for each monitor.
- Similar to UltraMon, it provides the ‘Mirroring’ feature.
- The feature that makes AMM different from other softwares is the ‘Desktop Divider’ feature that allows you to divide the screen into multiple blocks to provide more space for your applications.
Therefore, if you still run out of space even after using dual monitors, then you should go for the AMM dual monitor software.
Visit : Actual Multiple Monitors
Dual Monitor Tools (DMT)
Similar to Input Director Software, DMT is also free and open-source data monitor software.
- The ‘General Tools’ feature allows you to configure the monitor screens like setting the resolution of the screen.
- The ‘Cursor’ feature allows you to control the mouse cursor. You can lock it at the current monitor screen if you want to.
- The ‘Launcher’ feature allows you to launch any application or website of your choice and place it on any of the monitors.
- The ‘Snap’ feature allows you to take the screenshot of a particular part of the Primary monitor and display it on the secondary monitor.
- The ‘Swap Screen’ feature allows you to shift one of your applications to the other screen.
- The Wallpaper feature is again similar to DisplayFusion software. However, the main difference is changing the wallpaper at regular intervals of time using the ‘Wallpaper Changer’ feature.
Being free and open-source, it is also highly recommended for dual monitor software.
Visit : Dual Monitor Tools
These are six of the best and attracted dual monitor software for making multitasking easier. As you have gone through all the data monitor software, we hope you make the right choice. Once installed any of the above dual monitor software, we’d be happy to know about your experience.