To design 2D and 3D structural home and interiors, this architectural design software is widely used. People like seasoned architects, students, interior designers, beginners, and civil engineers mostly use one of these Best Free Architectural Design Software. But in the present scenario, there is some architectural design software’s which makes the users a bit confused to choose their best.
So, we are here to help them by providing the top 14 best architectural design software in this article. The below mentioned architectural software will meet all your designing needs. So check out the below article and get ready to explore the world of designing with the following top 10 architectural designs.
List of Best Architectural Design Software
For developing both 2D and 3D architects, this ArchiCAD is all-in-one free architecture software. Even if you are a beginner or a first-time designer, it is very easy to develop a project with ArchiCAD. It is available for free of cost with BIM server application. ArchiCAD design software gives high-quality designing and efficient performance.
Because of the advanced features, this ArchiCAD stood top of all the softwares. Many users are satisfied with the ArchiCAD paid version because the trial version doesn’t have many features as the paid ones.
- It supports free form modeling.
- The software provides 3D Animation.
- Very easy to use, one can import and export to and fro from other program formats.
- Requires a high configuration machine to run.
- No MAC version available yet.
- The document manager is a bit complicated.
The Chief Architect design software will add life to your designed projects. It is professional design software that will generate 3D creations. The automated tools of this 3d home architect design software will make your home, interior design easy for construction and re modelling.
Most of the architects are using this Chief Architect software because it is easy to use.
- The object library has a lot of variety of objects.
- Object library includes furniture, cabinets, plants and more, which makes it very versatile.
- The learning curve to master this software is steep.
For students and educated related professionals, this Revit Architect is available for free. And for other users, it gives a free licence for three years. The Revit architecture and design also supports building information modelling. As soon as you make changes to your designs, this is the Best Architectural Design Software and will easily adapt to them and saves automatically.
This free building design software will give ideal experience for the users. Accuracy, neat designs, and free of errors are a major plus of Revit architect. After designing the Revit Architecture, will shows a 3D view to the architects. But this Revit Architect is only for a person having experience in architectural study and design not for beginners.
- It includes a feature which allows user to streamline repetitive tasks.
- It has excellent analysis capabilities.
- It is difficult to master this software.
- New users may get confused at times.
SketchUp is the name given by Google; it is becoming popular nowadays. SketchUp makes, and SketchUp Pro is the versions of SketchUp. Without building from scratch, you can find a 3D model for anything from 3D warehouse.
With the add-on tools, you can customise your SketchUp. LayOuts in SketchUp Pro will help to turn your models into documents such as PDF, images, and CAD files. SketchUp is very fast because it has simple functionality, i.e., draw shapes and drag them to make them 3D forms. This is certainly one of the best home design software.
- It has an extremely intuitive layout which makes it very easy to use.
- There are lakhs of models available in warehouse.
- It lacks some essential tools.
AutoCAD – Best Architectural Design Software
With the help of AutoCAD, you can create designs, drafting and documents smoothly because it offers precision in detail. It is created especially for architects. This architecture software also comes both in trial and paid versions.
The paid version is a one-time expense which is worth. It is popular for its professional and advanced tools and can be considered as one of the Best Architectural Design Software. AutoCAD is compatible with both 32 and 64-bit Windows systems.
- It acts as the industry standard for civil engineering.
- One can label each block in the design using this software.
- Sometimes the cursor is slow to respond.
You can design your dream home and landscape design with this Architectural Design Software. Plan your dream home with visualization tools and impressive set of designs. Landscape design tool will help you to enhance your ideas in designing gardens, decks, outdoor kitchen, fences, etc. While using software architecture, you can enhance your interior design.
Because you can create a floor plan of yours or you can select from 4000 3D predefined objects. It is easy to decorate your world with drag and drop design, plant library, paint colours, lightening, etc. using Punch Software. Tough it is expensive, Punch software always produces great results.
- It consist of wide variety of products which helps you scale the software upto your individual requirements.
- Important features can be tagged using versatile symbols.
- It does not support infrastructural designing such as plumbing.
- Users are not allowed to upload their own colours.
For all your designing needs, this Architectural Design Software is very useful because it is easy to use. Softplan supports building information modelling. And it gives 3D designing capabilities, complete documentation, a list of materials, and estimation of cost reports.
Every small change that you have done on your project will automatically update on your project. For residential and commercial designs this house design software is the best choice.
- Has features for 2D as well as 3D drawing.
- Auto-update makes sure that no user losses data in case of a power loss.
- User may face difficulty in .dwg and .dwf drawing compatibility and cross platform functionality.
Autodesk Revit has powerful tools those helps to design intelligent model based plan, manage buildings and infrastructure. You can generate documentation from Revit models. Revit software lets you and your project contributor’s access centrally shared models.
So that this collaboration will reduce clashes and rework among team members. You can create high-impact 3D visuals from this Autodesk Revit. It is a standalone application and also comes in different editions to meet the designer needs.
- It provides easy options for functional modelling.
- User using this software can communicate with other firms as well.
- The rendering operation can prove to be chunky at times.
Vectorworks doesn’t look as simple as the other software. Apart from its complexity, the designer can create extraordinary results and generate exceptional projects with this Architectural Design Software. It also supports building information modelling. The Vectorworks software is recommended for experienced architects and not for beginners.
- Very quick and easy setup.
- User friendly to use.
- The user may face a occasional crashes.
Many people are using this Architectural Design Software because of its stability and easier to use. But this free house design software may cause some workflow problems to the user because of its compatibility.
Having little experience in any one of these Architectural Design Software will give extraordinary 3D design from the designer needs.
- It has a very good tool set, providing most useful options at the front.
- The software runs very quickly and provides efficiency.
- It has a lot of options which takes a long time to master this software.
DreamPlan Home Design
DreamPlan Home Design is one of the best architectural design software especially for new users. It provides all the basic functionalities right from scratch so that all the minute details can be taken care of.
It basically works with simple steps to create single rooms and one storey houses. DreamPlan consist of ready-made objects that can be directly incorporated into your design without any difficulty.
- It is available free of cost.
- It is supported by all major operating systems.
- Does not support complex multi-storey designing.
FreeCAD Arch is one such CAD software that that lets you design in 3D very easily. It provides support to design many structures including various shaped buildings and also shapes other than the existing stereotypical shapes.
One can easily go back to the model history and change the dimensions to edit the model once you are done designing. Although it is a free software, it offers features equal to that of many commercial software.
- You can make changes by preserving the model history.
- It supports a wide number of file formats for saving your work.
- Its workbench is still under development and occasionally suffers some issues.
3D Studio Max
3D Studio Max is one of the best choice for 3D designing. It helps you to map structures with precision and accuracy.
There exist many such 3D designing software n the market, but 3D max outruns their capabilities. It helps you to correct texture and edge distortions and makes it easy to control detailed aspects of your structure with high definition views.
- Very easy and hassel free to use.
- It provides an option to preview your work.
- It does not support iOS platform.
Archifacile is one of the best architecture software for designing 2D plans. You can easily construct house plans, floor plans or garage plans. It makes it very easy to use doors windows and stairs while designing various types of house plans.
- You can use it online without downloading.
- It is available free of cost.
- Does not support 3D drawing.
Above mentioned are some of the best Architectural Design Software that one can use very efficiently. We have compiled the list in such a way that you can choose from the very basic to a very professional kind of software according to your satisfaction and need.
- 1 List of Best Architectural Design Software
- 2 Conclusion