Smart TVs are replacing smartphones. Nowadays, you can watch your favorite movies and series on Amazon Prime or Netflix through your smart TVs and experience a marvelous home theatre mode. You can even play games, use the browser, and connect your laptops to do office work or install apps on smart TVs. Indeed, LG Company provides excellent smart TVs in the market. But the question is, can you install 3rd party apps on your LG Smart TV? It isn’t easy to install such apps directly. This article provides the solutions to establish them on your LG Smart TV and know how to install 3rd party apps on lg smart tv. We also have a complete guide if you want to know how to add Hisense smart TV.
Installing Apps on LG Smart TV
Firstly we’ll see how to install manual apps directly on your LG Smart TV. Follow the below mentioned process:
- Please turn on your LG TV and connect it to Wi-Fi/Hotspot source.
- In the LG Content store, click the “Premium” option. You’ll see a list of apps, movies, TV shows, etc.
- Click on the side menu of this page and look for the Apps category, then click on it.
- Search the app you want to install.
- Select the “Install” option to start the downloading process.
- After establishing that app, it’s added to your Home screen, then launch this app and start using it.
Could You Install Any 3rd Party App On LG Smart TV?
The most searched question on the internet: Can you install 3rd party apps on your LG Smart TV? No, you cannot manually install any 3rd party app in your LG Smart TV. It runs on Web-OS, making it impossible to add apps from unknown sources. But it is possible to add such apps either through Amazon Firestick or Google Chromecast. These LG Smart TV models allow users to install 3rd party apps- LG OLED, LG Nano Cell, and LG UHD TV.
Installing 3rd Party Apps on LG Smart TV
Let’s see the three methods to install 3rd party apps on your LG Smart TV- Amazon Firestick, Google Chromecast, and LG SmartShare:
By Amazon Firestick
Follow the below-mentioned steps to install the 3rd party apps on your LG Smart TV:
- Connect a USB cable to both an adapter and the Amazon Firestick. Insert the USB cable’s one end to an adapter and another end to the Firestick. It allows you to figure how to install 3rd party apps on lg smart tv.
- Search the HDMI port in your LG Smart TV and plug the Firestick into that port of your LG Smart TV.
- After this, turn on your TV, and select the source settings through your TV remote. Change the HDMI source to Amazon Firestick and turn on the Firestick.
- Now, open the Internet Browser over the TV and download the required APK files of the apps you want to install. Install the 3rd party apps.
By Google Chromecast
Follow the given steps to install 3rd party apps on your LG smart TV:
- Firstly, connect an adaptor to Google Chromecast using a USB.
- Connect the Chromecast into the HDMI port of your LG Smart TV. Ensure that your Android device and TV are connected to the internet.
- Install the Google Home app on your Android device.
- Use the source button of your TV remote, and select HDMI as your TV source. Launch the Google Home app on your device, and now the application will start looking for any nearby Chromecast devices.
- Next, a code will appear on both the Smart TV and your device screen, and if the code matches on both the devices, click on the “That’s my code” option in the app.
- Here, the Google Chromecast process is completed. You can cast your desired app over your LG Smart TV. But you’ll need those apps which support Chromecast like Netflix, Amazon Prime, etc.
The LG SmartShare is an in-built source helping to screencast from any device to the TV. But, only Android devices or PC can be used to screencast on LG TV with LG SmartShare. It doesn’t support any iOS devices. Follow the below steps to stream 3rd party apps on your LG smart TV through LG SmartShare:
- Connect your Android device and your LG Smart TV with the same Wi-Fi network.
- Search for the LG SmartShare app on your LG Smart TV in the TV’s menu.
- Open the app on your TV, click on the Listening mode button, which is located on the top right side of the screen, and switch it on.
- On your Android device, search for the Screen sharing or mirroring option and turn it on. Search this option in your Android device’s settings. After this, it displays a list of nearby wireless connections, then chooses the LG TV from the list.
- Now, you can cast your favorite apps on your LG Smart TV!
See also: 6 Best Streaming Services Tips for 2021
This article provided all the related answers for installing 3rd party apps on your LG Smart TV. You can either use an Amazon Firestick or a Google Chromecast or else experiment on the LG SmartShare to install the apps that you cannot manually install on your TV. Try the methods mentioned above and enjoy your favorite apps! Hope you’ve understood how to install 3rd party apps on lg smart tv.