Originating in Switzerland, it is an ubuntu-based Linux distribution for penetration testing and for digital forensics. It provides a varied nature of security tools, from security audits to port scanners. In this article we will look at how to download Backtrack 5 R3 ISO for free Its tools are categorized under 12 elements:-
- Gathering any sort of information
- Assessment of any vulnerability
- Finding out any exploitation tools, if there
- Any escalation of privilege
- Also maintains any kind of access
- It reverses engineering
- Any RFID tools
- Also tests any kind of stress
- It also reports every tool
- Provides services
- Miscellaneous work too
Backtrack underwent development from 2006 to 2012 by an offensive security system. Its version upto 3.0 had its base on Slax, and then afterwards, it moved to Ubuntu.
Its latest version is 5 R3, which was released on August 13, 2012. It is now available in two aspects: GNOME 2 and KDE (Both for i686 and amd64 CPU). Nowadays, backtrack 5 download is available for free. In March 2013, The Offensive Security team changed its basis to Debian, and it was re-named Kali Linux.
Features Of Backtrack 5 R3
- It is available in various versions. You can download Backtrack 5 R3 ISO for free.
- Has all the necessary hacking tools.
- Also has pre-installed digital forensics.
- Its interface is super easy and convenient to use.
- It is open to all worldwide.
- It carries pre-installed drivers in it.
What Are The Advantages And Disadvantages Of Backtrack?
Here are some major advantages and disadvantages of Backtrack:-
Some of the advantages are
- It is said to be one of the largest stores of social- engineering elements available in one single Linux distribution.
- Absolutely the finest version of Linux distribution. You can download Backtrack 5 R3 ISO for free.
- It aims to test our devices, networks, and systems for any kind of vulnerability.
- Has a full-package of varied numbers of tools used by professional hackers and security systems.
- It is all one tool for every security system.
- More economical, unlike other security systems.
- It can be used anonymously as the registration to it is completely optional.
- No spyware will be able to report it to their respective users. To know how to check RAM frequency in a similar way, click here!
As everything has both positive and negative sides to it. Similarly, backtrack being the finest version of Linux distribution, also has some minor disadvantages.
- It can create issues while installing a boot loader on a separate side.
- Also, it takes several attempts to set up a dual-booting system with other distributions or any operational system.
How To Download Backtrack 5 R3 ISO For Free(64 & 32 Bit) Step By Step
Let’s look at the steps to Download Backtrack 5 R3ISO For Free
- To download Backtrack 5 R3 ISO for free, you need to get a VMware workstation or VM player. (install any of the two).
- Now you need to create a new virtual machine.
- Choose an installer named backtrack 5 iso.
- Now, select Linux as your type of guest operating system, and the version should be – Ubuntu.
- Afterwards, you need to give your virtual machine a name and also provide a location for your backtrack file.
- You need to specify the storage space of the virtual hard drive (can select 20 GB as it is enough ). Also you need to select a virtual disk as a single file.
- Then click ‘finish’ to ready the virtual machine window.
- Now hit enter to boot screen, and after that, choose “default boot text mode,” and press enters to it. You have to press “enter” at this point.
- Now type ‘startx’ to start GUI (x server). Then click on the ‘install backtrack’ icon or open terminal type sh-c “ubiquity.”
- Now continue like an ordinary installation. Also, choose your keyboard type, and you need to also provide location information. If you are installing the only Backtrack, then you can go normally and erase and use the entire disk or if you are installing a backtrack with any other OS, then you need to specify partition accordingly (here we are using virtual hard-drive).
- You need to click on ‘forward’ and then on ‘install.’
- It will finish installing after approx. 30minutes (depending on your system).
- After rebooting, you have to type “startx” to start using the GUI of Backtrack.
- In the final step, you have to install VMware tools after download backtrack 5 r3.
After that, you need to click on VM and then install your VMware tools option. This will install your VMware tools in your Backtrack VM.
I have been into tech ever since I was a kid. Writing about Android, iOS and software is something that keeps me sane. I hope to keep contributing fresh tech content for our dedicated readers for the longest time.