Discord an invite-only place where people come in the room to talk where a community of all sizes run with multiple moderation tools and custom member access of special powers setting channels. It was originally used by gamers as a place to build community and talk with all its positives discord is prone to errors that are very annoying while performing tasks.
Some of the major causing errors for Discord Won’t Open are –
- Errors of discord are mostly caused by system-related errors.
- Excess app data, proxies.
- Not up to date system, wrong date and time settings.
- Not downloading discord and using the web version of it.
See Also: Top 6 Ways On How To Upload Video To Instagram Posts
- 1 7 Methods To Fix Discord Won’t Open Error
- 2 FAQs
- 3 Conclusion
7 Methods To Fix Discord Won’t Open Error
Let’s look at the ways to fix Discord Won’t Open Error
Closing Discord Itself
There are majorly two ways to close/kill the discord application if discord isn’t opening
- Firstly, opening task manager (ctrl + shift + Esc) – selecting discord – end task
- Secondly, by pressing windows key + R – searching cmd – type “taskkill / F / IM discord.exe’’.
- After these two processes, relaunch Discord.
Now everything should supposedly work fine. Additionally, you should use the first method, which is easier and better if at all, it fails to use the second one to fix Discord Won’t Open Error.
See also: How To Use Twitch Emotes On Discord? [Complete Guide]
Clearing Of Problematic Data
These data are considered app data and local app data; these data are stored in one single file where discord is installed. You can directly search for that on installed application settings, or you can follow these run settings if discord wont launch
- Closing discord from the above ways of killing/ closing the app
- Pressing windows key + R – type “%appdata%” – press enter.
- The new open window that appears find discord folder delete it.
- Relaunch the app.
Now for local app data, you may repeat the process to clear it by typing “%localappdata%” instead of %appdata% mentioned above at the second step.
See Also: How To Stream Hulu On Discord In Less Than 10 Steps
Correction Of Proxy Settings/ Server For LAN
In many cases, Discord Won’t Open in windows due to using VPN servers, which disrupts the proxy settings, so if you are using a proxy or a VPN network for tampering with some settings on the internet, do not worry. Although, You could easily fix this by very simple steps mentioned below if discord not opening
- Open windows search box and search for control panel / right-clicking on Desktop selecting control panel
- Then, open the “network and internet” – select “Internet options”
- An Internet properties window will pop open click on the connections tab.
- Under the local area network(LAN) settings section, click on LAN settings on the bottom right side
- Under the proxy server section, uncheck Use a proxy server for your LAN.
- Click OK, and then apply
- Relaunch discord
Now the problem related to proxy/ VPN and app data, and local app data will be resolved.
Also See: 7 Free Facebook Proxy Sites
Fixing Errors Not Resolved From The Above Solutions
Even after all the steps above the problem still avails then follow these steps if still discord not working
- Getting your system up to date as discord software updates itself and system needs to be updated accordingly for the app to work properly / work at all
- While in some cases the system is already up to date but discord is not, by just updating discord problem have been seen to be solved in many cases
- Open the discord on its web version; some of the common complaints regarding this were that the web version resets the discord session on your Windows 10 application; for resolving this issue, the following things you have to do
- Setting the clock of your system right; however, this might seem very small, it matters a lot. You can simply correct this by going extreme left of your taskbar in a windows pc, where you would find the date and time –
- As a last resolve to solve this issue, i.e. uninstall and then reinstall discord
- You can uninstall it by opening files – selecting installed files –uninstall discord.
Also See: 10 ways to fix Google Chrome won’t turn on error
Run Discord In Admin Mode
Discord might not open if it doesn’t have the proper authorization to run on your computer. Run the application with administrator rights to resolve the majority of permission problems.
For Discord, follow these instructions:
- On your desktop, locate the Discord shortcut and choose Properties from the context menu.
- The compatibility tab will appear; click it.
- To run this programme as an administrator, check the appropriate option.
- Click OK at the bottom, then Apply.
Install PTB Discord
The public test beta of Discord—the alternative build—is referred to as Discord PTB in this context. The PTB won’t disrupt your typical Discord experience. Download the application and log in with your account information. Try installing the PTB that comes with its data and cache if none of the earlier methods were successful and you don’t want to try downloading software one more time to look into the issue.
See Also: How To Stream Netflix On Discord And Watch With Friends | 2023
Deactivate Hardware Acceleration
Ordinarily, the CPU on your computer is activated when you launch an application. However, to function properly, your software will utilize additional PC hardware if you run a demanding task like screen sharing. If your hardware is robust, turning on Hardware Acceleration will boost the speed of your programme, but if your hardware is weak, this option may not be the best for you.
If Discord Hardware Acceleration is on, try disabling it to test if it aids. How to do it is as follows:
Check out: Memory Management Error On Windows 10 And How To Fix It
How do I make Discord open by force?
Locate and choose the Discord application by tapping the Process tab. You can opt for the shortcut key, i.e., Ctrl + Shift + Esc, to instantly force open Discord. Then, select the End Task icon in the lower right corner to end the Discord background process.
So how is my Discord empty?
Switch the device off. Install the most recent version of the program. Get rid of all app cache.
Discord keeps restarting itself; why?
Your PC must restart Discord frequently because of faulty cache files, excessive background processes, or problems connecting to certain regions. Additionally, the Hardware Acceleration option or removing Legacy Mode can cause Discord to restart.
Why should I update Discord?
The desktop application of Discord checks for updates each time you launch it. Employ the reset command or close and reopen Discord to properly check for updates. You can upgrade the Discord mobile application through the App Store on your phone.
How can I start Discord again?
To access settings on Android, drag down the upper bar and click the cogwheel. Locate Apps by scrolling down. Open Discord in this section, select Force Stop and then confirm.
Check Out: Tumblr Blog Only Opens In Dashboard
In conclusion, These were the four ways how to fix Discord Won’t Open error hope this finds you the best in help resolving the issues relating to discord errors in a windows pc. Other ways could be resetting DNS, disabling proxies, logging in with different methods, using SFC to repair corrupted files. Also, read this article to learn how to run a java program from the command line on windows.
See also: How To Transfer Ownership On Discord Server? 
Hey everyone! We are a group of Computer Engineers who have dedicated their lives to tech. It’s our dream to make sure that all the updates in the tech world reach everyone is simple words. Hope you have a good time on the blog! 🙂