People are often perplexed over finding the Best Free Mac Media Players for their system. Choosing out of so many options available in the store becomes difficult. To download the best media player, the basics should be known. The task gets easier for a Techno-savvy user, but to a commoner, the solution demands to be found. The article discusses the best free Mac media players.
The best free Mac media players include Elmedia Video Player, VLC Media Player, Cisdem Video Player, 5k Player, Realplayer SP, Movist Media Player, DivX player, etc. The salient features to sorting the best media player are the quality of video support, the complexity of the User Interface, Audio quality, frequent upgrades, plug-ins requirement, number of built-in tools, the range of audio and video formats, and subtitle supported.
Every user wishes for High definition, clear video, clear audio, and user-friendly control. Easy handling and smooth working are preferred. The media player should support various video and audio formats and subtitle adding. Read below to learn about the best free Mac media players.
|Elmedia Video Player
|VLC Media Player for Mac
|Mac OS, Windows, Linux, iOS, Android, etc
|Cisdem Video Player
|RealPlayer SP for Mac
|Mac OS, Windows, Linux, iOS, Android, etc
|MPlayerX Media Player
|Kodi Media Player
|Mac OS X, Windows, and Linux platforms
|QuickTime Media Player for Mac
Table of Contents
Top 10 Mac Media Players To Download Right Now
Here are some of the best free Mac media players. The applications are completely free and safe to download.
Elmedia Video Player
Elmedia Video Player is one of the best Mac Media Players out there. It supports a long range of common and rare audio and video formats. The extensions that are supported by this app are .flv, .mp4, .avi, .mov,.dat, .mkv, .mp3, .flac, .m4v, and much more.
The view experiences exhibited by this player are of high definition. It has numerous tools to adjust the screen to the default Mac screen size.
If you want to connect a DVD player to a smart TV, Elmedia Video Player provides a seamless solution. The playback speeds are easily adjustable. It incorporates creating and managing bookmarks to save a favorite video part. While we jump to the audio features of this blu ray player, it has a lot to offer. There are multiple audio language selections and native volume control. One can view live or online videos from YouTube and Dailymotion without the advertisement. The facilities to take screenshots are enhanced. You can convert the entire video to a series of images by setting screenshots at a particular interval.
Some of the outstanding features are:
- Emulation of virtual sounds and speakers.
- Adjust screen color, brightness, contrast, etc.
- Graphics Equalizer.
- Various Subtitles Support- set language, font size, and color.
Here are the pros of Elmedia Video Player.
- Multi-format support.
- Playback speed can be adjusted, and subtitles can be used.
Here are the cons of Elmedia Video Player.
- Paid upgrades are required for advanced features like video conversion.
All these properties make Elmedia Video Player the best free Mac media players.
Download Elmedia Video Player from here
Check out: How To Choose The Best iPad Data Plan
VLC Media Player for Mac
VLC Media Player is well-known open-source software for Mac OS. The recent version is supported by Mac OS X 10.7 or later. It runs only on Intel-based Mac. VLC can play various multimedia files, CDs, DVDs, and many more. For the older releases of Mac, VLC of older versions is provided. This free DVD player can play numeral audio and video formats and is supported by many well-known operating systems. You can download a VLC media player for Linux and Windows.
It can play Blu-Ray and HD videos easily. VLC Media Player has many hotkeys, which can restrict the user’s use of the touchpad and mouse. This blu ray player software facilitates the user with tools like equalizer and eases playlist creation. VLC also plays partial or incomplete media files. Therefore you can see downloads before they finish.
The user interface of VLC is very simple and has attractive customization tools, drag and drop facility, overlays, special effects, AtmoLight video effects, and a graphic equalizer. The subtitles files can be seen by adding SRT files to the videos.
The key features of VLC Media Player are:
- Lightweight and easy to use.
- Play Blu- Ray and HD.
- Supports almost all platforms.
- Simple User Interface.
- Safe to download.
- Integration with web channel streaming services.
Here are the pros of VLC Media Player.
- Multi-format audio/video support.
- Provides advanced features, such as streaming video and custom skins.
Here are the cons of VLC Media Player.
- Bugs and glitches have been reported occasionally.
Cisdem Video Player
Cisdem Video Player is one of the most suggested players for Mac and, at times, considered better than a VLC media player. It offers better video playback and better-quality videos. It can play almost all formats, like .mpa, .mp4, .avi,.mts,.wmv,.3gp,.mov,.flv,.m2t,.mod,.wav, and many more.
The best profit behind using the Cisdem player is that it does not require downloading the extra plug-in, software converters, or codec packs. It’s ready to use kind of player as soon as the installation is over. The task gets easier by eliminating extra setup and downloads.
The manual adding of subtitle files can be tedious.
Download the subtitle file and save it with a name similar to the movie. For the ease of the user, the subtitles are added automatically by the player. The technology inbuilt into this helps you to play 1080P and 5K videos with smooth video and no bugs or artifacts.
The handy buttons to manage the video are highly appreciated. Full-screen playback, volume control, fast-forward button, fast-backward button, Next button, Last button, Subtitle selection button, Video information, screen capture, etc., are some of the best-rated tools. It shows case a clean and simple User Interface.
The key features that make Cisdem the Best Free Mac Media Player are:
- Subtitle Support.
- Fast Speed and high-quality videos without any video sync issues.
- Universal Video Player that plays virtually any video and audio.
- Stand Alone can play most codecs with no codec packs needed.
- Screenshots while playing the video.
- Information display of the video that is currently playing.
- Playback Control.
- Play 5K videos.
Here are the pros of Cisdem Video Player.
- Easy-to-use interface.
- Includes 4K and HD video support.
Here are the cons of Cisdem Video Player.
- A paid upgrade is required for some advanced features.
- Certain file types have occasionally caused playback issues.
This 5k Player is one of the most demanded Mac Media Players. It can play 5K, 4K, and Ultra HD video content videos. You can play the videos on your TV or Big Screen through AirPlay. MP3 audio, DVD movies, and even online radios can be played using this application. Additional image manipulation controls are also there.
One can change the brightness and color of the video while playing. But to my disappointment, subtitle options and play settings are missing. The video formats the video player supports are the extensions .mkv, .flv, .mp4, .avi, .mpg, etc.
The 5K player is very simple and less complex. All the tools that are not necessary are invisible on the screen. It is far clearer and less complex in comparison to VLC. The workings are very smooth has no issues. It can be one of the best video player for Mac.
The key features that make 5k Player the Best Free Mac Media Player are:
- Equalizer and tuner.
- Download videos from YouTube.
- Mp3 converter.
- Airplay Compatible.
- Easy to use.
Here are the pros of 5k Player.
- Including support for video and audio formats up to 4K and HD.
Here are the cons of 5k Player.
- Some users have reported occasional playback issues with certain file types.
It can be in suggestion to download this Best Free Mac Media Player for the user if they are not happy with the complications of the VLC Media Player.
RealPlayer SP for Mac
RealPlayer is widely popular in Windows. The Realplayer SP is the latest version for the users of Mac. It is featured with the facility to download videos from YouTube. The quality and the audio of the videos are awesome and appreciative. It supports a wide range of audio and video formats.
In addition to its features, it can play and burn DVDs with a single click. It includes in-built CD player burning software. The videos on this one of the Mac Media Players can be seen on the Television using Xbox One, Roku, or Chromecast. By adding the password to your videos, here the content is kept private. It supports the feature to convert videos to many different formats, including MP3 and WMV.
Storage and Back up facility by this application is worth attractive. Real Cloud saves the videos for the users. These videos can have easy access from anywhere and can be converted to the device supporting the format automatically.
Some of the key features which make it one of the Best Free Mac Media Players are:
- Download Online Videos.
- Manage Collections.
- Keep the videos private.
- Store and Back up.
- Stream to the TV.
- Play in HD.
- Convert the videos.
- Burn Hi-Definition Video.’
- Trim Videos.
- Burn Music CDs.
Here are the pros of Realplayer SP.
- Offers a range of convenient playback options.
- Can convert video files to other formats.
Here are the cons of Realplayer SP.
- Some users have reported bugs.
- The free version includes ads and limited functionality.
The design is for Mac OS X 10.4 or higher and is an open-source video player for Mac. The Movist Media Player is considered the best replacement for the VLC Media Player. This application is based on Quick Time and FFMpeg.
Movist features a simple and easy User Interface, unlike the complicated one in VLC. The Control Panel can change all the video brightness, contrast, audio, play speed, hue, add subtitles, etc. The Playlist is visible on the HUD Panels.
Movist excellently plays the .mkv files without crashing down in the way. It supports a wide range of audio and video formats. There is excellent support for shortcut keys. Overall, Movist is a great suggestion for all Mac users.
The key features of Movist as the Best Mac Media Player are:
- Lightweight and easy to use.
- Excellent Playback Quality.
- Supports Quicktime and FFmpeg on the fly.
- High-Quality Capture features.
Here are the pros of Movist.
- Offers a sleek and customizable interface.
- Subtitles can be played, as well as audio and video formats.
Here are the cons of Movist.
- It doesn’t offer as many advanced features as others.
The DivX is highly valued software, making it among the Best Free Mac Video Player. It is award-winning software offering free HEVC playback, including Ultra HD (4K). The player supports the streaming of videos on TV or big screens. Popular video and audio formats like .avi, .dvix, .mkv, .mp4, and much more can play through this application.
The FF/RW feature lets users quickly navigate to their favorite scenes. The video division into different chapter assists you in reaching your favorite scene with a single click. An organized playlist eases the work of searching.
The advanced audio features facilitate the users with multiple audios. Multiple audios here means switching seamlessly among soundtracks to hear other languages or the director’s commentary, all without disturbing the playback experience.
The track record of all previously watched movies is available. DivX player has built-in features for casting videos to Roku devices using Stream to feature.
Here are the features of DivX player.
- DivX Player delivers updated HEVC codec.
- It supports HDR playback.
- DivX Converter provides better control over frame rate normalization.
- It is capable of displaying subtitles.
- DFX Audio Enhancer improves stereo depth and body.
- It helps to create a 3D audio experience from headphones.
- Video Library management support.
- Smooth, fast forward, and rewind.
- Convert the videos to DivX and MKV in one step.
- Automatic Chapter generation.
Here are the pros of DivX player.
- Offers high-quality playback of video files, including 4K.
- Creates and manages video playlists, among other advanced features.
Here are the cons of DivX player.
- Does not support as many audio formats as some other media Mac players.
MPlayerX Media Player
MplayerX is a Mac Media player that can support almost every video format without extra plug-ins or codecs. It provides you with clear, fast, and smooth playback. The control is easy while you are using MplayerX. You can tap, swipe and pinch to operate all the controls. The keyboard shortcuts are tough to remember. Therefore MplayerX supports human gestures.
You can play online videos on YouTube. It is simple to use and handle. The playlist is well organized. The audio quality offered is highly appreciated. It can support Apple Remotes. The wide range of format compatibility makes it among the Best Free Mac Media Players.
See also: How To Increase Internal Memory Of Android Phone.
Some of the salient features exhibited by this media player are as follows:
- Supports Subtitles.
- Lightweight and easy to use.
- Full HD video streaming.
- Control the player with your fingers.
- Automatically find the next episode.
- Home theatre feel.
- No need for encoding conversion.
- There is an option to add and encode subtitles intelligently.
- Multi-Monitor support.
Here are the pros of MplayerX.
- Smoothly and quickly play a wide variety of video and audio formats.
- Features a variety of advanced functions.
Here are the cons of EMplayerX.
- Bugs and glitches have been reported by some users.
Kodi Media Player
Kodi media player provides one of the most flexible media playing experiences with its simple interface and easy access.
Being an open-source software, you can customize it in whichever way you wish. It supports a large pool of various devices and adds one for each one.
Key features of the player are:
- Best for accessing and storing content.
- Provides flexibility over devices.
- You can play content on smartphones, laptops, or TVs.
- Supports raspberry pi as well.
- It can also be used as a music player.
- Fully customizable.
Here are the pros of Kodi media player.
- Offers a customizable and user-friendly interface.
- Includes various advanced features, such as streaming online content and using add-ons.
Here are the cons of Kodi media player.
- It can be complex and overwhelming for some users.
- It may not offer the same video and audio quality as other media players.
QuickTime Mac Media Player
QuickTime Media Player is the best media player in terms of ease to use. It falls amongst those media players which offer features such as video editing and video conversion. The media player supports a wide range of audio and video formats.
Key features of this Mac Media Player are:
- Includes video compression features.
- Supports full HD videos.
- It supports video formats such as MPEG-4, MPEG-2, MPEG-1, etc.
- Audio support includes iTunes audio and all MP3 formats.
Here are the pros of QuickTime Media Player.
- Comes pre-installed on most Mac devices.
- Offers a simple and user-friendly interface.
Here are the cons of QuickTime Media Player.
- Only supports as many video and audio formats as other media players.
Are all the 10 best Mac media players safe to download and use?
It is safe to download and use all the media players on the list. However, downloading software from reputable sources is always a good idea and ensures your computer's antivirus software is up to date.
Can I use a Mac video player to stream online videos?
The majority of video player for Mac are able to stream online videos from popular services such as YouTube, Vimeo, and Netflix.
How do I know which is best video player for mac as per my needs?
Choose a media player that meets your specific requirements and preferences. For example, if you frequently watch videos with subtitles, look for a player with good subtitle support. If you have an extensive media library, look for a player with good media management features.
Are there any Mac media players that have a built-in equalizer?
Audio levels can be adjusted with some Mac players' built-in equalizers. Examples include VLC and Cisdem VideoPlayer.
Can I use a Mac media player to convert video and audio files to different formats?
Some Mac media players have built-in conversion tools, but for more advanced conversion options, you may need to use a separate program like Handbrake or FFmpeg.
Can Mac media players play audio and video files?
Most Mac media players can play audio and video files. Some, like iTunes, are specifically designed for audio playback but can also play videos.
The above Mac Media Players will be the Best Free Mac Media Players of 2024. You can download any of the above according to your ease and use. The media players are always depending on their added features. Therefore, kindly examine all the features carefully; choose the best according to your choice.
Dedicated group of Computer Engineers making tech updates accessible to all. Our dream is to simplify and share tech news with everyone.