This article gives you the complete direction on designing and livening using a Dame Da Ne generator. It is a reasonably effortless technique, but you should execute the steps correctly to obtain precise results.
I’m sure you might wonder what ‘Dame Da ne‘ is. It is a line from the lyrics in the song ‘Baka Mitai’ from the Japanese video game series ‘Yakuza.’ The song ‘Baka Mitai’ is sung by the main character ‘Kiryu’ during the Karaoke sessions of the game. A few years ago, this song and the lyrics became a meme. People began duplicating this song as deep fakes. Celebrities, famous people, and even friends are created into the ‘Dame Da ne’ meme. Their videos were all over the internet.
You, too, can design these deep fakes using any picture with a subject in the center of the image. A passport size picture of a person can do the trick. If you wish to create this Meme using the Dame Da Ne generator, you don’t need any coding experience. Following this guide can help you make this Meme in no time.
- 1 The Steps Involved in Creating the Dame Da Ne Meme:
- 2 Method 1: Find an Image and Resize it.
- 3 Method 2: Create a Google Drive Folder.
- 4 Method 3: Add Files to the Folder
- 5 Method 4: Open Code Script to the Dame Da Ne Generator
- 6 Method 5: Add a Line in the Code
- 7 Method 6: Run the Script in the Dame Da Ne Generator
- 8 Method 7: Increase the Speed of the Video
- 9 FAQ
- 10 Conclusion
The Steps Involved in Creating the Dame Da Ne Meme:
- Get a picture to use and resize it
- Make a Google Drive folder
- Upload four files to the folder
- Open code script
- Write a line to the first code block
- Run the script
- Save and speed up your deepfake
- Add video to the template + download your Meme!
Method 1: Find an Image and Resize it.
- First, you need to find the image you want to change into the ‘Dame Da ne.’ The photo can be of anyone or anything as long as the subject is centered. Be sure the subject’s face is facing the camera.
- Then resize the picture to 256×256. These dimensions are obligatory for the script to work, or else the script won’t develop the Meme at the end.
- If the image does not have the subject centered, make sure you crop it. Cropping the picture can fetch the subject to the center of the image so that the script will perform suitably.
Method 2: Create a Google Drive Folder.
Open your google drive in the browser and make sure your google account is logged in. Go to the google drive page.
- Create a new folder in your Google drive.
Make sure you create this folder on the home page of the drive ‘My Drive.’ Do not create anywhere else.
Method 3: Add Files to the Folder
Then add these files mentioned into the folder you created in your Google drive. Do not miss any file, or the script won’t be able to identify the file. Be sure to have all the files present in this folder.
- The target image you resized. Rename it to 02.png
- A template video of Bakta Mitai. And rename it to 04.mp4
- Tar File 1
- Tar file 2
The Tar files should have the exact titles for the code to work. Both Tar files should be named ‘Tar 1‘ and ‘Tar 2‘, respectively. And the template video has to be resized to 256×256 and muted before uploading. These are the requirement for the script to work.
Method 4: Open Code Script to the Dame Da Ne Generator
- Open the “First Order Motion Model for Image Animation” code script in a web browser (Chrome or Safari).
This python scripted Dame Da Ne generator runs on your browser in google colabs. Since it runs on a web browser, you do not need to download it to your device. And importantly, your computer needs to have the recommended computing power to run the code. So to warn you, they do not work on every computer.
Method 5: Add a Line in the Code
Then add this code string in the first line of the script before beginning implementation.
- Add the line !pip install PyYAML==5.3.1 in the first line of the code.
This line of code helps to install PyYAML. PyYAML is a YAML parser for Python code that enables you to read inputs and produce outputs. It will help you identify the inputs (the videos) and give outputs (the Meme).
Method 6: Run the Script in the Dame Da Ne Generator
Now it is time to run the code. Running the code can be tricky, so make sure you follow these steps correctly for the script to work. You will be pressing play on six code blocks, step by step, from the top to get the Meme processed.
From the top of the document, press the play button to process the code.
Linking the Google Drive to the Dame Da Ne Generator:
- Click on two close blocks named ‘Clone repository‘ and ‘Mount your Google drive folder on Colab.’ This process will display a blue link to ask you for access to your google drive.
Click on the hyperlink, and it will guide you to the google drive page to consent access. Giving access will connect the google drive to the script and provide full drive access.
(Note: You can look at the list of access you are giving to the script and the potential risk in providing it. Make sure you agree to that before granting access. But the code will work if you give access, so there is no other way.)
Animating the Image Using the Dame Da Ne Generator:
- Then, tap ENTER on your keyboard to proceed to process.
- Now click on the ‘load driving video‘ and ‘source image‘ blocks. The script will read the images and the source video from the drive.
- Then click play on ‘create a model and load checkpoints.’ Here the script will create a model for the final output needed to create a perfect animation.
- Finally, play the block ‘perform image animation.’ This step will perform the animation on the image you provided.
Note: If the button turns red when clicking, you should know that code hasn’t finished running. Please go through the error messages and try to decode them yourself. If you do not have experience deciphering code, you can try googling your idea. You can find the solution to your issue in Youtube videos and the Q&A section of articles. Then if still the error exists, check if you have named the files correctly as guided in the top steps.
The Dame Da Ne generator will display your deep fake on the screen and is ready to download. To download it, click the file’s icon on the left side and double-click the file called “generated.mp4“.
The script will slow down this deep fake video. You have to increase the speed to align the audio with the video.
Method 7: Increase the Speed of the Video
There are two ways to boost the speed of the video three times.
1. Inside the Colab
If you want to get quick output instantly, you should make the changes inside the “Perform Image Animation” Section of the script.
- After the “for frame in predictions]” line add, fps=30. This will convert the video’s frame rate from high speed to thirty frames.
- Now you can go ahead and sync the video with the audio.
To sync the audio, you will have to download the original audio of the song and attach it to your video using an online or offline application. The downloaded audio will sync adequately with your Meme. Now you can download the Meme and upload it wherever you want. Preferably, your social media might get some attention.
2. Third-Party Tools
You can use external applications or web applications to sync the audio with your slowed-down video.
- Upload the ‘Dame Da ne’ video into the application
- Add the downloaded ‘Baka Mitai’ audio in too.
- Now choose the speed you want your meme video to increase.
The song perfectly syncs with the ‘Dame De ne’ video and is ready to be downloaded.
How do I create a meme?
Before making a meme, first research the topic you’re going to create a meme; to have the facts right. Then choose a meme generator of your choice. Upload the picture into the generator and do the necessary edits. If you want, you can add effects and texts too. Make sure they are easily understandable for your audience. Finally, download your meme and share it.
How do you make a deep fake meme?
First choose a picture you need to make a fake of. Then upload the video into the script. The script will understand the logical motion of the image. Then upload the sample video along with it. After processing the code, the script will generate a deepfake animated video of the subject.
What does Dame Da Ne mean in English?
Dame Da Ne is a Japanese word from the song ‘Baka Mitai’ means useless or no good. However, you can use it in many cases.
Where does Dame Da ne come from?
Dame Da Ne is a lyric from the Japanese song ‘Baka Mitai.’ It is from the Japanese video game series Yakuza, where the main character ‘Kiryu’ sings during karaoke sessions.
Now you know how to create a perfect Dame Da ne meme using the Dame Da Ne generator. Hope you enjoyed making this meme. You might have some problems during this process, so make sure you do not make a single mistake. Feel free to ask us any questions related to this guide.
Thank you for reading this!
Hey everyone! We are a group of Computer Engineers who have dedicated their lives to tech. It’s our dream to make sure that all the updates in the tech world reach everyone is simple words. Hope you have a good time on the blog! 🙂