In this article, you can find how to delete your Chegg expert account and the step-by-step direction to deactivate your Chegg account from chegg.com. Before beginning the process, you should know that deleting the account removes all your information from the database, and you would have to create a new account from scratch.
The quickest way to delete your Chegg Expert account, follow these steps:
- Log in to your Chegg Expert account on the Chegg website.
- Go to your account settings or profile settings.
- Look for the option to delete or deactivate your account and follow the prompts to confirm the deletion.
Chegg is an educational service-based company in California focusing on providing rentals of digital and physical textbooks for students. They also offer online tutoring and other services that benefit students. You, students, may want to close your account after graduating; it is of no use in its assistance to you. You can terminate your unused Reddit from the article on Techyhost.
Table of Contents
5 Ways to Delete Chegg Expert Account
If you no longer need the services provided by chegg.com, you can either unsubscribe or delete the Chegg account as a whole. There are several effortless ways to delete your account, and some of them are:
- By Mail
- Through Website
- Over Call
- By means of SMS
- Via Twitter
Before proceeding to the next page, ensure you close all the pending transactions. And be sure to unsubscribe from all of your subscriptions, if any. And return your rented textbooks. For the e-textbook, you need to wait until the rental period ends to close your account. Make sure you perform these steps before proceeding to close the Chegg account.
How Do I Unsubscribe From the Services Before Proceeding to Termination?
The steps to unsubscribe from your services:
- Go to My account-> Orders. You can see the All Orders category, where you can discover all the details of the orders.
- Select the order you want to relieve yourself from and choose to cancel the subscription.
- You will have to select ‘Cancel Subscription’ again to confirm. Choose’ Cancel Subscription’ again, and Chegg will cancel it successfully.
How Do I Eternally Delete My Chegg Account Through Gmail?
Let us begin with the most effective way to terminate your Chegg account. Emails are professional and are most likely to get replies sooner than other methods. Make sure you perform the above steps before proceeding to send the email. It does not matter from which email id you send as long as you include the necessary details in the body.
- Firstly, engineer an email including your account details and why you close your Chegg account.
- Then the subject should contain ‘Request to delete my account.’ The staff can quickly identify the email regarding this issue.
- The body should contain your user name and the email ID linked to the Chegg account.
I am a registered user of Chegg with the name (Your name here ), and the email id linked with this account is [email protected]. As I no longer need this account due to personal reasons, I request you to delete my account and also would like to discontinue all communication and promotional emails.
(Your Name Here)
Finally, send it to the customer service email ([email protected]), and the customer service assistant will get hold of your details and proceed with the process.
Emails can be effective if the details are correct and there is no issue. It is more likely for a corporation to reply to emails than calls and messages.
How Do I Perpetually Delete my Chegg Account via the Website?
There is another method, possibly a more manageable way, to terminate your Chegg account. This method can be ideal if you do not want to wait for the assistant’s reply. Occasionally it takes some time for the staff to reply to their emails; it is better to do it yourself. It does not take more than five minutes to terminate an account via the website. Follow the method below without skipping a step to proceed with termination.
- Step 1: Open chegg.com and log in with your official username and password.
- Step 2: Please navigate to the account section and look for a chat/contact us icon on the right corner of the web page. Click on it.
- Step 3: A pop-up menu will display options you can choose. One of them will be ‘I want to close my account.’
- Step 4: You then have to confirm whether you want to unsubscribe from the service or proceed to deletion. This message serves as a warning to users. If you have the necessity to use the account in the future, you can choose to unsubscribe. If you still want to delete the account, click on ‘chat with an advocate’ beneath.
- Step 5: The advocate will request a series of questions regarding your account and then choose to delete your account. Now your account is successfully terminated. This method will delete all of your data and information from the Chegg database, and you cannot retrieve it any longer.
How to Delete Chegg Expert Account via Phone Calls?
Phone calls can be effective as the customer care official can identify the account when you are on the phone. The process can be easily performed. But there is a problem where the official may be on the other line with another client, so you may have to wait for your turn. It may not be as effective as the website method, but it is how you can trust the official to do their job. Calling the service ourselves can give us confidence that our request is heard and fulfilled right away.
- Step 1: Dial the customer care number (855-477-0177) on your phone and wait for the staff to pick up your call.
- Step 2: After the official picks up, you have to provide the necessary details to identify your account and then proceed to request deleting your account.
This method is relatively short and effective in many ways. To find the number to make the call, go to the Customer Service page and click on Prefer to Call option below the Text Us button to see the number. There is another method similar to this, which is texting.
How to Delete My Chegg Account via Text?
Texts can be as effective as phone calls despite their inconvenience. Takes only a minute, but the inconvenience is that the messages may get mixed up with other messages. So the assistant might take some time to reply to you.
- Step 1: Text your name and account details in the text box, requesting the account termination, and send it to the number (408-351-0942).
- Step 2: The customer care agent may reply to the text for any further details and confirmation, then proceed to terminate the account.
Chegg will delete your account effective immediately, and you can no longer retrieve your account. Go to the website and select customer service to find the Text Us button to find the text number.
How to Delete Chegg Expert Account via Social Media?
There is another way to get the attention of the customer care official of Chegg. Chegg has a social media account on Twitter where customers can message their queries.
First, go to the official Chegg profile on Twitter and click on the message icon. This action will direct you to the direct message page. In the message, state your name and provide your account details, including your username or email address. Clearly express your request to delete your Chegg account and ensure that the message is sent.
The Chegg official assistant will meet the request.
How many days does it take to delete a Chegg account?
It usually takes 30 days after initiating termination of the account. You will be receiving emails regarding the account deletion during the process. After 30 days, Chegg will successfully delete all the data and account information.
How do you delete Chegg India account?
Compose an email stating the reason for your removal of this service and your name and account details. Send the email to [email protected] and wait for the reply. Be sure to make the email subject ‘Request to delete my account.’ After confirmation, Chegg will initiate the account termination process in 30 days.
How can I remove a card from Chegg?
There are two ways to remove your debit or credit card from your Chegg account. One is to go to your account setting and choose ‘cancel a subscription.’ This will remove your subscriptions and the card linked to them. The other method is to delete the Chegg account on the whole. Deleting the account will terminate the account, but it will also remove all of your information, including your card, from the account.
What happens when you delete your Chegg account?
Deleting your Chegg account will remove all of your information linked to the account, including email, name, subscriptions, and cards linked to the subscription. You cannot access the account anymore. If needed, you will have to create a whole new account.
I hope this article gave you the necessary knowledge to delete the Chegg expert account effectively. If you still have doubts about the same, you can comment below, and we will be able to help you.
However, sometimes you need to delete your Bumble dating account, and you don’t know how. We have an article engineered specifically for you. Check it out now!
Thank you for reading!
Lead Photographer, Lead Advice Editor for @CNET in Europe. Love: the outdoors, music, food, snowboarding, animals, beer, coffee, lists. Personal views.