Need to delete your Reddit account on your phone? This article gives you a step-by-step guide on How to Delete Reddit Account on App from your mobile. If you don’t have access to laptops or computers, you can delete them from the palm of your hand.
Bumble is another app similar to Reddit. If you need to delete Bumble in the future, you can have a peek at that article.
Before we go on further, let’s see what Reddit is. Reddit is a social media platform used by millions of users from all around the world. You can even use it to share pictures and videos like any other social media. It is available on both application and browser versions so that you can access it from anywhere. Most importantly, the primary use of Reddit is to share news and discuss trending topics. For example, you can start a topic about Ukraine and Russia war, and other users can comment about it. They can share pictures and videos, giving more exposure to the issue to the world. Since so many people participate in the discussion, you can get different opinions about them.
I can see you have chosen to declutter your social media app, starting with Reddit. If you know how to delete Reddit account on app, proceed with the process. If you don’t, read this post till the end to know the steps on how to delete your Reddit profile from existence.
There are multiple ways to delete your Reddit account. The browser version can be complex because that version of Reddit works better on computer screens. If you know how to deactivate Reddit account on app, you will know it is much easier. Follow the steps below and learn how to delete a Reddit account on mobile.
Deleting your account won’t allow you to log in using the same username and password after completing the deactivation process. Reddit will eradicate the credentials from the database. Since Reddit has no backup feature regarding their passwords, you won’t be able to retrieve them once gone. So, it will be wise to have this in mind before proceeding.
How to Delete Reddit Account On App?
The first step is to make sure you are logged in to your account on your phone. Once you are signed in, you are fine to proceed.
- Open the Reddit app, and tap the profile icon.
- There, scroll down, and you will find the settings options.
- Here, Settings->Help and FAQs.
- It will direct you to a new web page inside the app. There will be an option to search anything within Reddit.
- Type “Deactivate Account” in the text box and hit search.
- Then you will see some questions related to the search. Choose “How do I deactivate my account?” from the list.
- Reddit will display a message that says, “Go to your Reddit preferences and choose to deactivate tab at the top of the screen. Pursue the on-screen instructions to delete your profile. You can either follow the instructions given from the browser or click on the link they have provided.
- Clicking on the link will bring you to a pop-up menu where you can type in your username and password credentials. It is optional to provide the reason; you can skip that.
- Then agree to check the confirmation box and click “Deactivate Account.”
As a result, you know how to delete Reddit account from app. The other optional way to delete your account is from the browser. Both are not much different, but the platform differs; the process you follow is almost the same.
Can You Delete a Reddit Account From The Website?
You can deactivate Reddit account from app as well as the website. The process differs from each other, but they are pretty the same.
- First, open the reddit.com website from your browser and sign in to your account using your credentials.
- You will see your username on the top of your screen. Click on the username and select the “User Settings” option from the drop-down menu.
- A new page will appear, displaying all the settings related to the user and Profile. At the bottom, there will be a button labeled “DEACTIVATE ACCOUNT” with a bin logo next to it.
- It will direct you to another page similiar to the one above, where you must provide your username and password.
- Remember, you have to provide the credentials even though you logged in. Like the previous guide, you will see an option to provide feedback. It is optional.
- Finally, click on the checkbox to confirm your agreement before clicking the Deactivate button.
- Choose the “DEACTIVATE” button at the bottom after checking the box.
As a result, your account is successfully deactivated.
Before you proceed to deactivate your account, remember that you won’t be able to reaccess it. Reddit will erase your data from Reddit as soon as you click on Deactivate. If you want to use Reddit again, you will have to create a new account from the Sign Up page. Moreover, the posts and comments you posted in your account will remain intact. Unlike other social media platforms, your posts on Reddit will stay in the location unless deleted. Delete them if you want before deactivating your Profile. If you don’t, you won’t be able to delete your posts and comments after you lose access to your account. Make sure you agree to this before proceeding to delete the history.
See also: Steps On How To Block A User On Reddit
How To Delete Reddit Post?
Stay logged in to your Reddit account. Go to My Profile by clicking on the username at the top of the page. My Profile will bring you to your profile page to see all your posts. Choose a post and click on the three dots (…) below the post. Then choose the Delete option from the drop-down menu. This will delete your post entirely from Reddit.
Can I temporarily deactivate my Reddit account?
No, there is no option to deactivate your Reddit account. Reddit did not give any chance to its users to temporarily snooze their accounts. So by Deactivating, you will delete your account from existence. Make sure you don't get confused with the word Deactivate.
Does deleting the Reddit account delete the posts too?
The posts will not be deleted even after your Reddit account is deactivated. Reddit will remove your username and Profile, but your posts and comments will remain wherever they are posted. Make sure you delete all your posts and comments before proceeding to deactivation.
In conclusion, your Reddit account now is removed completely from the database. Above all, you now know how to delete Reddit account on app. Whether you want to know how to delete Reddit account on iPhone or Android, these steps work on both operating systems. If you want to know how can you delete a Reddit account through an iPad or any other tablet, you can follow the same steps. Take note of the warning that you could not access the account after deactivation. Perform these steps at your own risk.
If you need any assistance regarding these steps, feel free to ask away.
Thank you for reading!
Carly Earl is Guardian Australia picture editor. She has worked as a photographer and picture editor in Sydney for 8 years, previously for The Daily Telegraph and Sunday Telegraph.