Are you the one interested in raising their voice on important matters? Reddit might be the one platform for you to do so. Reddit is one social media platform that allows users to discuss any particular topic of interest or vote on content posted by some user. Since it gives users the freedom of speech, it’s unsurprisingly banned in some countries. But people who are still using it would agree that it is one of the best platforms to share a wide array of content in texts, photos, videos, links, and posts. You must be familiar with its advantages over other social media platforms like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Tinder etc. Here we would be discussing how to quote on Reddit.
Reddit offers karma points to control spam on the site, based on the number of times a content gets up-voted or down-voted by users. Another popular feature is Sub-Reddits, which are smaller groups based on a similar topic of interest that brings people together to discuss the same issue. It has some unique features like creating your case in a subreddit, responsive multi-threaded commenting, and quoting someone else’s quote as a reference while commenting. For people not knowing how to make a quote block in the comment section, this guide is for you as we’re going to explain how to quote on Reddit mobile app and web in a step-by-step process.
Users can identify the line you are replying to with quote marks. The procedure is simple to complete and may be done in a few simple steps. It would help if you learned how to quote someone on Reddit. You can cite material from comments in addition to posts. You may still quickly learn all the steps even if you are a first-time user of this site. Click here
Other social media applications like Facebook, Instagram, etc., and this method are extremely comparable. Some of the commands, meanwhile, are different from the ones you are used to. Millions of people use this service, which is one of Reddit’s standard features. By observing the thin grey line, you may identify it.
There are differences when quoting on a mobile device vs. a web browser. However, using the feature only requires one tap.
- 1 How To Quote On Reddit Website?
- 2 How to quote on Reddit mobile?
- 3 Another Simple Method For Quoting On Reddit:
- 4 How Should A Quote Be Formatted On Reddit?
- 5 How To Make A Reddit Quote Block?
- 6 FAQs
- 7 Conclusion
How To Quote On Reddit Website?
Quoting feature is one of the most commonly used features, and thus Reddit website offers a built-in feature that allows users to quote someone’s words with a single tap.
You follow these steps if you’re accessing Reddit from Mac, Windows, or Linux.
- Open Reddit on your browser and log in or register your account.
- Find the particular post you want to insert your quote in.
- At the “comment” section and appearance for the comment you’ll want to quote or the first thread post if you would like to quote something or the entire of that.
- Select the particular word, sentence, or paragraph and copy them using the command “Ctrl + C.”
- Tap on the reply button and find the “More” icon represented by three dots at the left bottom side of the reply section. Select it.
- You will find the quote icon there. Click it, and the gray line will appear in the reply section.
- Now, you need to paste the text using “Ctrl + V” and proceed by clicking the Reply button. Voila! You’re good to go. Also, click here to learn how to delete Reddit History.
How to quote on Reddit mobile?
You can also quote on the Reddit app for mobile users, although, unlike the web-based Reddit platform, the app version doesn’t come with the built-in quote icon. But worry not! Because the app indeed has the quote function.
All you need is to know the correct command to do it. Let us show you the proper steps to follow:
- Open the Reddit app on your phone and log in to your account. If you already don’t have an account, create one by registering there.
- Go to the particular post you want to quote the text on.
- Select the “comment” icon and add your comment.
- Find the comment you would like to quote and replica it.
- Start the quote line at the beginning of your comment by adding a more significant sign, “>” (without quotation marks) before the quote.
- Paste the comment you copied for quoting.
- Publish your comment. Now your text will appear as a quote on the app.
This mobile method is also applicable over the Reddit website, or you can use the built-in quote function over there. It’s a matter of wonder why Reddit developers still haven’t added this excellent feature in the mobile app version. But seeing its popularity, we hope they will update their app someday.
Another interesting thing to note is that you can now quote someone in a comment while using the Reddit mobile app, which was not available earlier. I hope this article was helpful enough, and you have understood well by now how to quote on Reddit. Read this article for how you can download reddit videos on iphone.
See also: Steps on How to Block a User on Reddit
Another Simple Method For Quoting On Reddit:
You can take another simple action in addition to the one listed above. Read on to learn more.
- Pick the passage you wish to quote from the text.
- Then, immediately clicks the “Reply” button to have the message automatically repeated.
- At this point, you can make remarks on the article below. The additional choice at the bottom of the comment field is optional.
Regarding quoting on the Reddit app, iOS and Android are very different. It’s easier than it appears. So let’s review the next steps:
- To choose whatever section of the content you wish to remark on, click the “Reply” button.
- Copy the content now.
- After that, paste the information you want to quote and type “>” (excluding the double quotes) in the blank spot.
- You can boost the number of “>“s before inputting the text to add additional quotes. Also, learn the best date and time widgets for your android device.
How Should A Quote Be Formatted On Reddit?
Start your remark in an empty text box on a computer when using Reddit, then choose and select Quote Block.
Using the mobile version, you can format text as a quote by beginning each line with a >.
How To Make A Reddit Quote Block?
- Launch Reddit in your favorite browser on your Mac or PC.
- If you haven’t already, go into your account and browse the composition area in the subreddit of your choice to start writing your Reddit post.
- After finishing the post, highlight the passage you want to use as a quote.
- Click “Quote Block” Just above the posting composition area in the center of the toolbar; it will show up as a quote symbol.
- After making any last adjustments, click “publish.”
Is it possible to quote my text on Reddit?
Absolutely. Reddit allows its users to quote ANY text, including your own. The steps are the same that we instructed above, and it is as simple as quoting someone else's text.
Can I use the Reddit platform to quote without signing in?
Well, a big NO. You can browse the Reddit platform and its posts without an account. But if you want to join a specific community and voice your opinion in the comment section or quote someone's text, you have to be a member of Reddit. For that, you will need an account. Sign in to your account or create one by registering if you already don't have one and join the community.
How to protect your identity when quoting?
I Know some topics shouted at Reddit can be pretty sensitive, and thus it is harmful to reveal your personal information to the public. In that case, you can either use a username that won't reveal your real identity; or if you want to have an authentic account over there, then maybe use a throwaway Reddit account. It is a temporary account used for particular purposes, and you can call it your secondary or backup account.
This was the insight on how to quote on Reddit. We hoped you found this article helpful, and it solved your queries on the topic. If MIUI 12’s system-wide dark mode is enabled, quotes and spoilers are rendered unreadable. White background with white writing. Light/Dark mode and modifying the in-app theme must resolve the issue fully.
Only entering the system’s Light Mode will do so.
To do this, follow the steps below:
Display -> More Dark Mode Options -> Settings Disable Dark Mode for the app by looking for Boost in the list.
Reddit can be a great platform for communication and we hope you keep exploring and quoting on Reddit! Also, click here for top 6 best Streaming Video Recorder Software.
Hey everyone! We are a group of Computer Engineers who have dedicated their lives to tech. It’s our dream to make sure that all the updates in the tech world reach everyone is simple words. Hope you have a good time on the blog! 🙂