If you are reading this article, you are probably looking for easy ways to download embedded videos on chrome or any other browser. However, you do not have to search for embedded video downloaders because we are here to help. Here are six easy methods to download embedded videos successfully.
First of all, let us tell you what an embedded video is. Embedded videos are usually self-hosted at another location, such as blogs and articles, so that the users on the internet can watch them directly without visiting the original webpage.
You can download embedded videos easily from YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, etc. However, this isn’t as easy as you think. So here are six effortless ways put down by us to help you download embedded videos easily:
- 1 Download the embedded videos directly from the websites
- 2 Download the video with free video downloaders.
- 3 Download the embedded video using a Browser
- 4 Download the embedded video using browser extensions
- 5 Download the embedded video using online services
- 6 Download embedded videos using Browser Developer Tools
Download the embedded videos directly from the websites
For instance, if a video on a website is in MP4 format, it can be saved easily with just a click. Furthermore, these videos are easily downloadable. You have to:
- Right-click on the video. Click on the option “Save Video As.”
- Pick a download location on your device where the video would be saved.
- Click “Enter” or on the “Save” button.
See Also: 6 Best Video Player for Windows
Download the video with free video downloaders.
Various video downloaders are available online that help download these embedded videos easily from various video-sharing sites. We have a shortlist of the video downloaders to be used for this purpose.
4K Video Downloader
It is a fantastic app that downloads videos and audio from applications for free. You have to open the downloader application, copy the video’s URL and click on the “Paste Link” button.
Then you can select the video quality and press the “Download” button.
Free HD Video Converter Factory
This is an app that lets you download embedded videos easily. You have to launch the app and open “Downloader.” Select the “New Download” button, and you will see a pop-up window saying “New Download.” Paste the video URL you want to download in the “Add URL” section and hit the “Analyse” button. Choose the video resolution and click “Download.” Easy, isn’t it?
Download the embedded video using a Browser
If you do not want to install applications to download embedded video on Chrome or Firefox browser, you can download them directly by just following these simple steps.
Run your browser and play the video you want to download. Use the F12 shortcut key or right-click and then choose “Inspect Element” in Firefox. If you are using Chrome, click on “Inspect.” On the Inspect page, go to Network and then Media Tab. Press the F5 key and play the video again. The download link will be on the lower left side of the page. Right-click on this link and select “Open in a new tab.” Now click on the “Download” option to download the embedded video easily. The video will be downloaded on your local drive.
Download the embedded video using browser extensions
This method is rather convenient to download the embedded video on chrome.
Add an extension such as Video DownloadHelper to your browser. Restart your browser after adding the extension. Play the embedded video again. Select the “Video DownloadHelper” button from the top of the page and click on the “Quick Download” button. And voila! You have successfully downloaded the embedded video.
Download the embedded video using online services
You can find various online services that offer to download embedded videos without hassle. One of these services is Fetch File. You can visit them on their website.
Copy and paste the URL of the video you want to download in the URL section and select the “Download Video” button. Next, choose your desired video resolution. The embedded video will be saved to your device in a matter of seconds!
Download embedded videos using Browser Developer Tools
Browser Developer Tools are an excellent way to download embedded video on Chrome or any other browser. You can either use the Chrome Developer tool or the Firefox Page Info tool to download your desired video.
- If you are using the Chrome Developer Tool, right-click on the website page and click on the Inspect option. Click on the Network Tab and then the Media tab. You must be able to see the video on the page. Find a media file with an MP4 or video format extension on the page and right-click on it. Click on the Copy button and select the copy link address. Launch a new tab and paste the link address there. Then click on Enter. Right-click on the video. Select the Save Video option. Choose the location where you want to save the video and hit Save.
- If you are using a Firefox Page Info Tool, right-click on the web page. Select the View Page Info option and go to the Media tab. Find the address of the video file type there and use the Copy and Paste options and open the link in a new tab. Finally, right-click on the player to save the video easily on your device!
See Also: 7 Best Podcast Downloader Tools
This was not so hard, was it? So, now you are aware of six techniques to download embedded videos easily, for free! So do tell us in the comments below if you found the blog helpful, and get going with the videos!
Lead Photographer, Lead Advice Editor for @CNET in Europe. Love: the outdoors, music, food, snowboarding, animals, beer, coffee, lists. Personal views.