While streaming something on our computers, many of us Windows users encounter a very common issue. Whenever you try to open some audio/video file, you run into an error known as no audio output device is installed windows 10. So today, we will tell you what you should do to fix that issue.
What Are The Causes For No Audio Output Device Issue?
Firstly, before fixing the issue, let’s try to know the various reasons due to which this error can occur:
- Buggy Windows Update – One of the most common reasons for this error is a false/buggy windows update. These updates are commonly responsible for providing various security patches, device drivers, support software updates so our computer can run without any problem. But sometimes, this update comes with a device driver version that your computer’s chipset doesn’t support. Hence this type of error rises.
- Playback device connected to the wrong port – This is the second most common reason for this error. It happens if the output port you’re using is not working properly or not properly in the configuration according to the system’s needs.
- Damaged/Old Audio Drivers – We got to know that unsupported updates can be responsible for this error. It’s also possible that some malfunctioning corrupts your Audio Drivers or your audio drivers are out of date and no more compatible with your system.
- Disabled audio devices – In some cases, it is also possible that your audio device gets disabled accidentally or by another source or by software that you were trying to install. This means even if your audio drivers are perfectly fine, they still won’t be able to play as they cannot recognize your device.
Now, as we know some of the possible causes that can lead to this type of error, let’s dive into the different solutions that you should try to fix the respective error. So, these are the various approaches that one can try to fix the no audio output device is installed error.
List Of Ways To Fix No Audio Output Device Is Installed
Let’s look at some of the ways to fix no audio output device is installed
Updating Audio Drivers
Before moving towards any extreme and complex step, you should know that you should always keep your device and the various drivers updated as a computer user. It helps to run your device properly, but it also helps the computer give better performance.
To update your drivers, follow these steps carefully-
- Press the Windows + X key on your keyboard and then click on the Device Manager option from the pop-up menu.
- Select and open the Sound, video, and game controllers menu by clicking on the arrow.
- Right-click on your audio device, listed in the menu, and choose the Update Driver option.
- Allow Windows 10 to look for the latest driver on your local computer or online, then follow any on-screen instructions.
This method will probably fix your problem but follow the next method if it doesn’t fix the error.
Manually Uninstalling The Audio Drivers
In this method, we manually uninstall the audio drivers so the windows can self-verify and install the driver’s most stable and compatible version. To do this, follow the steps given below-
- Press the Windows + X keys on your keyboard and click on the Device Manager option from the pop-up menu.
- Select and open the Sound, video, and game controllers menu by clicking on the arrow next to it.
- Right-click on your audio device listed in the menu and choose the uninstall option.
- After uninstalling the driver, restart your computer, and Windows will automatically install the audio driver’s latest and most stable version.
Updating Windows 10 To The Latest Version
In some cases, we have observed that simply updating windows to its latest version fixes the no audio out device is installed issue without any hassle. Apart from fixing your errors, this method can also help you get some extended windows features for your computer. To do this, follow the below-mentioned steps very carefully-
- Click the Windows Key to open the start menu/the search bar, type “Windows update,” then click on the Windows update settings option from the menu.
- In the windows update tab, click on the check for updates icon.
- If any new update is found, click on “Install Update.”
- After this, your PC will automatically download and install the latest version of windows for your computer.
Check For Hardware Issues
If none of the previously mentioned methods work for you, it’s probably a case of hardware damage. This can mean whether your audio driver is not working properly or it’s not properly in connection to the motherboard. Also, if you are using an external sound card, maybe it’s not supportable on your PC.
In this, we recommend you test the device on any other computer to fix the no audio output device is installed. If the audio device is playing there, maybe it’s time to reach the respective technical support of your company.
Hey everyone! We are a group of Computer Engineers who have dedicated their lives to tech. It’s our dream to make sure that all the updates in the tech world reach everyone is simple words. Hope you have a good time on the blog! 🙂