Google Drive is a data storage application used for making a backup or syncing data of your files and folders. We may use Google Drive to edit docs online, back up our files, and save data in the cloud for convenient access from anywhere. Google Drive is now the most widely used cloud storage service. We will talk about how to add google drive to file explorer in simple ways.
Normally, when we have to use google drive, we need to have our internet browser open. What if we tell you that now you can add Google Drive to File Explorer on your Windows and use it offline?
Let’s check out how :
- 1 Steps To Add Google Drive To File Explorer
- 2 FAQs
- 3 CONCLUSION
Steps To Add Google Drive To File Explorer
You can now enjoy the benefits of using your google drive without the use of your internet in just a few steps:
STEP 1: Download Google Drive Backup And Sync Application
If the google drive application is pre-installed on your Windows, you can skip this step.
You can download google drive backup and sync on our pc through its official website. Or you can simply tap on this like below.
Visit : Google Drive
Click on the download button next to learn and more. Then you have to choose the location where you want the application to appear. For example, you can save your google drive file on your desktop. A file named installbackupandsync.exe will appear on the desktop. Then you have to double-click on that setup in order to start the installation process.
STEP 2: Signing In To Your Google Account
After installing the app, a window named ‘SIGN IN TO GOOGLE DRIVE’ will appear. In that window, we have to right-click on the sign-in option. The primary browser on your computer will launch, leading you to the Google website. Google will then ask you if you want to give your newly installed app access to your Drive files. By choosing “Sign In,” you may allow access.
When you’re done after putting in the credentials, google will show success page on the screen. Then we will close the window as its work there is done.
Open the File Explorer programme. There will be a standard drive present by the name of GOOGLE DRIVE under the “Devices and drives,” it will also appear in the Quick access area of the navigation panel.
STEP 3: Select The Data For Sync In Google Drive
The next step will be syncing the app to the PC. After doing this, we will see Google Drive in the Quick Access menu. You’ll be able to view the data on the drive even when you’re not using the internet.
We also have to upload the PC’s data to the Google Drive folder. There are options for doing so:
- Sync my drive with this Computer: This option allows you to access all of your drive’s data from your computer.
- Sync everything in My Drive: This option allows you to sync all of your drive’s folders and files with your computer.
- Only sync certain folders: This option allows you to sync only the chosen folders.
STEP 4: By Editing Registry Files
Add google drive with this method by following these steps:
- We have to download the necessary registry file. If a 32-bit operating system is being used, click GDrive 32-bit. Click GDrive 64-bit if you’re using a 64-bit operating system. Now press the Run button.
- When the warning box displays, choose Yes. The warning box appears because, as previously stated, registry file changes impact the system’s operation.
- Check your File Explorer to ensure Google Drive linking has taken place to the Navigation bar separately from the Quick access section following this step.
- If you want to remove Google Drive from the navigation pane for whatever reason, double-click the drive-undo registry file and then select Run. How to add Dropbox to file explorer? Click here for a step-by-step guide.
To sync your films and photographs, go to Preferences and follow the above steps.
Click Original quality if you want to adjust the quality of the photographs you upload. A new window appears, allowing you to adjust the image quality. The original quality choice consumes space, but the High-quality option compresses your photographs without sacrificing quality.
The original quality choice might soon deplete your hard drive’s limited storage capacity. You may select the high-quality option, which provides you with free limitless photo storage. Then, when you upload the image or video, you have to choose the option Upload, which will upload the photos and videos to Google Photos.
USB Devices and SD Cards option are also present at the bottom of the window. You may use this to back up photographs from your camera or a USB drive linked to your computer.
Download: Registry File
To remove/delete the images, we have 3 options available
- The first step will be removing everything completely from the pc, including the hard drive.
- The second option will be not to delete anything from pc.
- The safest choice is to ask before destroying both copies, which is the last and default option. You may, however, modify the default to any choice from the list you like.
STEP 5: Give Offline Access To Files In Google Drive
Open Google Drive in File Explorer and select ‘Shared Drives‘ to offer offline access to your files. Then check the box next to the item, right-click it, navigate to Offline Access, and pick ‘Available Offline’ from the pop-up menu.
How to make google drive your local drive?
Select the Properties option from the context menu in the Documents folder by right-clicking it. Then we have to choose the option named 'Include a folder present on the drop-down menu and navigate to the Google Drive folder. Then we have to choose google drive as the location in order to make it your default saving location. To continue, click OK or Apply.
On my PC, where is the Google Drive folder?
With the help of the steps mentioned above, you can add google drive to your file explorer in a hassle-free manner in just a few minutes.
Now you can have access to your google drive even when you don’t have an internet connection. If you guys are aware of any other way to add google drive to file Explorer, do let us know.
Lead Photographer, Lead Advice Editor for @CNET in Europe. Love: the outdoors, music, food, snowboarding, animals, beer, coffee, lists. Personal views.