The last decade has seen the shift from wired LAN networks to wireless WiFi networks in both commercial and home setups. The primary reasons for this change are our requirement for connecting multiple devices to the internet at the same time and more so because of our increasing dependence on the internet.
In this situation, losing or forgetting the password of a network can pose a significant discomfort and inconvenience. Hence we here we have put together a list of tools that will allow you to recover WiFi passwords. To know how to transfer your TV Service when you move, click here!
Most of this decryptor tools also double up as WiFi password hacking tool enabling you to access that WiFi connection that you are detecting but don’t know the password. Here are the 5 Best WiFi Password Decryptor tools available on the internet
Best WiFi Password Decryptor
A set of tools for WiFi security decryption and accessing WiFi networks is provided in the form of a complete suite called Aircrack-ng. This software is extremely popular and useful for cracking the software of unknown WiFi networks.
It primarily works by capturing data packets from the WiFi network in concern, exporting the data from these packets and trying to recover the password from this data.
Features of Aircrack
- The different areas of WiFi security that is targeted by this software is-Monitoring, Attacking, Testing and Cracking.
- It allows the cracking of WEP and WEP PSK (or WEP 2) networks.
- The software is compatible to work with any WNIC (Wireless Network Internet Controller) that supports raw monitoring mode (or RFMON).
- The software was initially released for Windows and Linux, but it is now available for OS X, OpenBSD, FreeBSD, NetBSD, eComStation 2 and Solaris. Ports have been recently developed for Android, Maemo and even Zaurus PDA platforms. The software is also in the process of developing a port for iOS platform, but it is still in the proof of concept phase.
- All tools in this software suite allows command line scripting .
The project initially began with a team of developers at German University of the Darmstadt University of Technology, which was named Aircrack. The current project- Aircrack-ng forked out of the original plan and started in February 2006.
Smart Key WiFi Password Recovery
Developed by Ternoshare, this software is primarily used to recover lost or forgotten WiFi passwords. But due to the nature of its function, it can double up as a decryption software helping you to acts as a wireless network password cracking tool, allowing you to hack WiFi passwords and access the network.
Features of Smart Key WiFi Password Recovery
- When coupled with compatible NVIDIA or ATI hardware this software becomes a lot faster, allowing password recovery at astonishing speeds.
- The software employs five types of attack to recover Passwords-Dictionary Attack, Word Attack, Mask Attack, Combination Attack and Hybrid Attack. These options allow the use of various ways to recover/hack passwords depending on the circumstances.
- It can hack passwords which are up to 64 characters in length and belonging to any type including WPA-PSK and WPA2-PSK passwords.
- You can save passwords as well as information like- hash number, SSID in .txt format.
- You can review the security of your system by trying to crack the password of your network using this software.
- Paired with ATI video cards of the Radeon HD series like 5000, 6000 and 7000 and NVIDIA GeForce 8, 9, 100, 200, 400, 500 and 600, this software gives a significantly faster performance.
- The software supports all Wifi bands (e.g., ZyXEL, Buffalo, Apple AirPort Express, Asus RT-AC66U, TRENDne, Linksys, Netgear, Western Digital,)
Kismet is a free software that can be used as a WiFi password decryptor, network detector, intrusion detection system and packet tracker & sniffer. The working principle of the software is simple as it captures data packets of wireless networks and describes it to extract username and password information.
Features of Kismet
- There are three separate parts to the software- packet information collection, interpreting and extrapolating the data communicating the information to the client.
- The platforms supported by the software are Microsoft Windows, FreeBSD, OpenBSD, NetBSD, Linux and Mac OS X.
- You can add geographical coordinates to the network as the software supports the GPS tagging feature.
- Tutorials provided in the Kismet website allows you to learn the full potential of the software.
WiFi Password Decryptor
It is a software that is exclusively a good Password Decryptor. Moreover, it helps you recover all lost or forgotten Wireless passwords that Windows Wireless Configuration Manager has stored.
Features of WiFi Password Decryptor
- Instant recovery service.
- Information displayed for each recovered account includes- Password Type, Password in clear text and Hex Format Along with Security Settings of the associated WiFi network.
- Works for all types of WiFi passwords like (WEP/WPA/WPA2 etc.)
- Extremely user-friendly courtesy simple GUI.
- You cans ave Recovered passwords in multiple formats like .txt, HTML, CVS.
- Since the software uses System Services method for decryption, it is available for both 32 bit & 64 bit.
- Moreover, the tool works with systems without developing separate .exe files.
- The software works seamlessly in the higher Windows version of Windows 10. But it has limitations in the older versions of Windows XP and 2003.
- The Installer that comes with the software allows easy installation guided by the installation wizard guide.
Marius Milner developed NetStumbler, commonly called Network Stumbler is a multi-
functional network decryptor.
It is a multipurpose software for- wardriving, finding locations that have poor coverage of the network. Also, it is capable of pinpointing causes for network issues, detecting unauthorized access points and recovering passwords for WiFi networks.
Released in April 2004, so its pretty old. Windows platform supports this software, and there is also a trimmed down version available for Windows CE.
Hey everyone! We are a group of Computer Engineers who have dedicated their lives to tech. It’s our dream to make sure that all the updates in the tech world reach everyone is simple words. Hope you have a good time on the blog! 🙂