Reddit is one of the most used social media sites, which several “subReddits,” or communities and forums, where users can comment on and trade news and other content and post their articles. As of February 2021, the network had more than 430 million active members each month; however, many users want to delete their Reddit accounts and therefore look for ways to delete a Reddit account on iPhone.
Use Notta to convert a Reddit video to text whenever you need to. Notta is an audio-to-text application that can capture and instantly translate Reddit videos and sometimes help to read deleted Reddit posts if you want. You can now rapidly review any video’s content at any time. This article provides easy and fast ways to delete a Reddit account on iPhone and Android. It provides you with all the ways whether you are deleting it from a desktop, a mobile device or if you have a subscription. They all follow various processes.
If you want to learn how to delete a Reddit account on the iPhone app, refer to this article. Give this article a read and find easy ways to delete your account.
- 1 Delete A Reddit Account From Devices: Instructions
- 2 FAQs
- 3 Conclusion
Delete A Reddit Account From Devices: Instructions
Once everything is put away, here’s how to delete a Reddit account on iPhone and Android:
Reddit Premium Subscription Possession
Take these actions first if you have Reddit Premium because canceling your account alone won’t end your subscription, and then go to how to delete a Reddit account on your iPhone.
- Visit the Apple App Store‘s “Manage Subscriptions” section
- Choose from the list the Reddit Premium to cancel using your Apple ID. Alternatively, you can do it using the account settings on your smartphone.
- Preapproved Payments is a choice under Payment Settings.
- To cancel a credit card-based paid subscription, sign in to Reddit.com and navigate to the Reddit Premium area of User Settings.
Follow the steps to delete your Reddit account from your computer:
Remove Your Comments and Posts
All the posts and comments will also be deleted if your Reddit account is deleted. On Reddit, your username will display in place of [removed], but your posted content will still be viewable. Delete any posts and messages before canceling your account.
- This process must be done individually for each post and comment.
- Register with your account.
- Near Overview, at the top of the page, select Posts.
- Click on the dots to access the Delete option’s overflow menu.
- You can delete the post by clicking it. Similarly, respond to any remarks.
To Remove your Reddit Account
To remove your Reddit account and learn how to deactivate Reddit account, follow these steps:
- Click on Profile from User Settings.
- Choose User Settings and click Deactivate Account option.
- On the dialogue, click Deactivate Account and enter your login details. Click the Deactivate button after selecting the checkbox next to “I recognize deactivated accounts are not recoverable.“
- You are asked to confirm your want to terminate the account pop-up. Select Deactivate to complete the deletion.
- Go to Connected Accounts and Disconnect it.
Use Mobile Device
The actions listed below tell you how to delete a Reddit account on iPhone or Android.
- Type in your Reddit login credentials.
- To display your profile, tap the emblem in the upper left corner of your screen.
- Choose Settings. Read on and then click Help FAQ.
- On the Reddit Help page, a search input field may be seen.
- Enter “Deactivate” in the search field, then choose the relevant article. Click the link to read the article.
- You will be sent to the deactivation page, which resembles the one on a PC when you click the link provided in the post.
- Provide the reason for deactivation and your login and password. Check the corresponding box to acknowledge that deleted accounts cannot be retrieved. Click the “deactivate account” link to proceed.
- You receive a message from Reddit to confirm the deactivation. To deactivate your account, click the icon.
- Try login in with your credentials to see whether your account has been deleted. A notification about an error will appear.
What is Reddit?
A social news aggregation, debate, and content-rating platform called Reddit. Users may vote on and socially choose content on the message board and social news website Reddit. Registered users, also referred to as 'Redditors,' contribute to the site by posting links, text articles, pictures, and videos that other users assess favorably or unfavorably. Registration as a Reddit member is free and required to use the website's core features.
Are the deletion and deactivation of the term interchangeable?
In Reddit, deactivation and deletion are interchangeable; thus, the answer is yes. You are not given a choice to deactivate your account on Reddit temporarily.
Do You Remove Your Personal Information When You Delete Your Account?
Well, not quite, because comments and postings are not automatically deleted. Your personal information may remain on the platform if anyone has it. That is probably not the ideal situation.
Your personal information can you download?
You cannot do it alone. To receive it, you'll have to reach out to the platform.
Can my account be subsequently reactivated?
An account cannot be restored after it has been removed. A user cannot ever modify their username after it has been selected. Because you cannot get your Reddit account back, you should be confident that you want to delete it.
You should know how to delete a Reddit account from the app to maintain your privacy. Identity theft and other crimes may come from the online sharing of information like age, location, and holidays.
Thus, this article provides how to easily delete a Reddit account for Android as well as IOS users. We hope that if you wanted to delete your Reddit account, this article was helpful for you and taught you how to delete a Reddit account on iPhone and Android, and you were able to delete the account successfully.
Carly Earl is Guardian Australia picture editor. She has worked as a photographer and picture editor in Sydney for 8 years, previously for The Daily Telegraph and Sunday Telegraph.