In the Xbox world, your Gamertag is your identity. It is supposed to represent you in the community, and each Gamertag is unique because that is how you are represented. So, knowing how to change your Gamertag on XBOX is crucial knowledge.
Microsoft assigns each member a Gamertag the first time they sign up, but you can also choose one of your own. On Xbox One, you can find your Gamertag in the top-left corner of your home page. On Windows 10, launch the Xbox app and click on your gamerpic to open your Profile. There, you will find your Gamertag underneath your name and score.
Sometimes you might want to change your Gamertag. Changing it the first time is free, after which you will have to pay a fee of $9.99 (the cost depends on region and currency) to have your tag changed.
It is only natural that our Gamertag, which represents our personality, evolves as we evolve. Our old usernames result from our younger selves, and as we reminisce about the good old days, we are bound to come across embarrassing evidence of all the things we used to do when we were younger. So, if you’re choosing a Gamertag, try not to choose something you might regret years later when you’re looking back.
Confused about changing your Gamertag? Don’t worry. Just read through this article for help.
There are various ways by which you can change your Gamertag.
Changing your Gamertag on the Windows 10 Xbox app
1. Log in to the Windows 10 Xbox app on your PC using your associated email and password.
2. Choose your gamerpic in the top left corner of the Xbox app home screen.
3. Select Settings from the drop-down menu.
4. Select Change Gamertag.
5. You will be redirected to the Microsoft website and will have to sign in.
6. Enter your new Gamertag, and then select Check Availability.
7. Gamertags can be up to 12 characters long, including spaces, and they can’t start with a number. So if you receive a “That name isn’t available. Try a different one” message, that means you’ll need to create another one.
Changing your Gamertag online
1. Clicking on this link will send you to the official Xbox website. Sign in with the Microsoft account and password associated.
2. Enter the new Gamertag in the text box, and click on Check Availability.
3. Gamertags can be up to 12 characters long, including spaces, and they can’t start with a number. So if you receive a “That name isn’t available. Try a different one” message, that means you’ll need to create another one.
4. After reviewing your Gamertag and how it looks across various Xbox services, click on Claim it. Ta-da! You’re done.
Changing your Gamertag on Xbox Series X|S or Xbox One
1. Press the Xbox button to open the guide. Select Profile & system, and then select your Gamertag.
2. Select My Profile> Customise Profile, and then select your Gamertag.
3. Under Choose your new Gamertag, enter the new Gamertag you want in the available text box and select Check availability.
4. Gamertags can be up to 12 characters long, including spaces, and they can’t start with a number. So if you receive a “That name isn’t available. Try a different one” message, that means you’ll need to create another one.
5. After reviewing your Gamertag and how it looks across various Xbox services, click on Claim it. There you go! Have fun with your brand new shiny tag.
Changing your Gamertag on Xbox 360
1. On your Xbox 360 console, go to Social and then select Sign In or Out.
2. Select your Profile to sign in.
3. Go to Settings > Profile.
4. Select Edit Profile > Gamertag > Enter New Gamertag.
5. Type a new Gamertag (up to 15 characters), and then select Done. If the Gamertag you entered is taken by someone else, you will be prompted to enter a different one.
6. After you enter or select a new Gamertag, select Yes, use this Gamertag, and there you have it – your new tag!
Hopefully, this article has been able to help you successfully change your Xbox Gamertag. Happy gaming!
Hey everyone! We are a group of Computer Engineers who have dedicated their lives to tech. It’s our dream to make sure that all the updates in the tech world reach everyone is simple words. Hope you have a good time on the blog! 🙂