The internet has become one of the most critical aspects of our life. It has become impossible to imagine our life without it. We use the internet every day for various reasons, from completing our work to connecting to the world. Thus, not being able to access the internet due to various problems can become a significant problem.
One of the issues that would cause such a problem is the “Wifi doesn’t have a valid IP configuration” error message on your Windows 10 operating system. If you keep running into this error, then here is a complete guide for you. And we also have 5 Best WiFi Analyzer Apps for you, click here to know more.
- 1 What Does WiFi Doesn’t Have A Valid IP Configuration Error Mean?
- 2 What Causes The “WiFi Doesn’t Have a Valid IP Configuration” Error?
- 3 Ways To Fix The “WiFi Doesn’t Have A Valid IP Configuration” Issue
- 3.1 Restart Your Computer
- 3.2 Restart Your Router
- 3.3 Reset Your IP Address
- 3.4 Reset The TCP/IP Stack
- 3.5 Inspect For A Change In The Manual IP Address Setting
- 3.6 Re-install The Wireless Network Adapter
- 3.7 Change The Wireless SSID And Password
- 3.8 Scan For Malware And Antivirus
- 3.9 Reset Your PCs Network Settings
- 3.10 Update Your Device Drivers
- 3.11 Check If Network Service Is Running
- 4 The Takeaway
What Does WiFi Doesn’t Have A Valid IP Configuration Error Mean?
If you are confused and wonder what this error means, there is a problem regarding your IP address. An IP address or an Internet Protocol address is much similar to our house address, in a way that a messenger cannot deliver your order to your house unless he knows your address.
Similarly, each device connected to a network has a unique address that helps your internet service provider to deliver internet to your device. Hence, an invalid IP configuration means that your device cannot secure a functioning IP address over the internet and therefore is unable to provide you with the internet.
Hack your WiFi on your iPhone using these 10 apps we picked for you.
See also: How to Find IP Address on MAC | Top 5 Ways to Use in 2021
What Causes The “WiFi Doesn’t Have a Valid IP Configuration” Error?
This mistake when the IP Address Configuration on the Router doesn’t coordinate with the IP your WiFi Network Adapter announces.
See Also: How To Rename Multiple Files At Once On Windows OS
It can happen after refreshing Windows or when organizational changes have happened that haven’t been pushed to the Network Adapter. Likewise, it can be brought about by driver mistakes, failing switches, or DNS issues.
Ways To Fix The “WiFi Doesn’t Have A Valid IP Configuration” Issue
From a temporary issue in the router to malware causing an issue, there are many reasons for this problem. Frustrating, right? Don’t worry; here is a step-by-step guide to help you resolve the issue.
Restart Your Computer
There is always a possibility that the error may be due to a temporary glitch in the device. Hence, just restarting your PC might clear the glitches and resolve the error.
If the issue persists, continue with the next step.
Restart Your Router
A temporary fault from the side of the router can also cause this issue. Hence, to resolve this issue:
- Turn off your router.
- Wait for at least ten seconds.
- Restart your router and try to connect it to Wi-Fi.
If the error still shows, move to next step.
Reset Your IP Address
Since the error has arisen due to a problem with your IP address, resetting it might resolve the error.
To reset your IP address:
- Press Windows + Q to open the search box.
- Type cmd or command prompt on the search bar.
- Right-click on the command prompt and select Run as administrator.
- Type the command ipconfig/release and press enter.
- Type the command ipconfig /flushdns and press enter.
- Next, type the command ipconfig/renew and tap the Enter key. This tells your PC to reset the IP address.
Your IP address has now been renewed. This might have solved the WiFi Doesn’t Have A Valid IP Configuration error. Now, try to connect your device to the internet.
See also: Top 5 WiFi Booster Apps to Improve Your Internet Connection
Reset The TCP/IP Stack
If the issue remains unresolved, another solution is to reset your PC’s TCP/IP stack.
Follow the steps to rest your PC’s network protocol:
- Press Windows + Q to open the search box.
- Type cmd or command prompt on the search bar.
- Right-click on the command prompt and select Run as administrator (similar to the previous step)
- Enter the command netsh winsock reset catalog and press enter.
- Enter the command netsh int ip reset and press enter.
- Exit the command prompt administrator and restart the device.
The steps mentioned above should resolve a corrupted TCP/IP Stack which will eventually solve the WiFi Doesn’t Have A Valid IP Configuration error too.
Inspect For A Change In The Manual IP Address Setting
Your device is assigned an IP address using a protocol known as DHCP (Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol) that does not require any manual involvement. However, if a manual change has been made to the IP address, this can lead to an error. Hence, it is advisable to keep Obtain an IP address automatically button selected to reduce chances of error.
To inspect IP address settings:
- Open Settings(Windows+I).
- Go to Network Settings>Status.
- Select Change Adapter Options>Wi-Fi connections. A new window will open.
- Click Properties>Internet Protocol Version 4.
- The ‘Properties’ window will open where you can view and change your network settings.
Review your settings and then try to connect to the internet. By now your WiFi Doesn’t Have A Valid IP Configuration problem must have been solved. If not, read on!
Re-install The Wireless Network Adapter
A corrupted drive can also be a cause for the error. Re-installing the network wireless adapter by following the given steps would clear all the corrupted drives.
- Press Windows+X.
- Select Drive Manager.
- Click the right button pointing to the cursor on the wireless network adapter and select Disable Device.
- Right-click your wireless network adapter and select Uninstall Device.
- To re-install the wireless network adapter automatically, reboot your device.
Tip: To guarantee you are running the Command Prompt with raised advantages, ensure that the root way is the windows catalog and not your client registry.
What’s more not:
C: Users <username>
At the point when the Command Prompt is open, type the accompanying into the order line:
The above order will eliminate the current IP Configuration from the Network Adapter.
Then, type the accompanying to recover the new IP Configuration settings from the Router:
Close the Command Prompt and check to assume the organization is presently working. If you are yet getting the “WiFi Doesn’t Have a Valid IP Configuration” blunder, proceed to the following stage.
This will hopefully solve WiFi Doesn’t Have A Valid IP Configuration issue.
Change The Wireless SSID And Password
If the ‘Wifi doesn’t have a valid IP configuration’ error still keeps showing, try to fix the problem by changing the wireless SSID and password. To do that, follow the given steps:
- Open a browser window.
- Enter the gateway IP and press enter.
- Login to the router
- Go to router settings.
- Change the SSID and password.
- Save your changes
- Update the PC’s connection.
- Try to connect to the internet.
See also: 5 Best WiFi Password Decryptor Tools | Free Download
Scan For Malware And Antivirus
Another reason causing the error might be a virus or malware preventing the device from connecting to the internet. To scan for a virus:
- Open Windows Defender or another antivirus you may have installed on your device.
- Start the virus scan.
It is also possible that an antivirus might interfere with normal network operations and block the connection. Hence, disabling your antivirus might solve the WiFi Doesn’t Have A Valid IP Configuration problem.
Reset Your PCs Network Settings
After going through the steps mentioned earlier, if you keep running into the issue, the next step is to reset your PC’s network settings into default to solve any deep-rooted problem. To reset the network settings:
- Firstly, Press Windows+X.
- Secondly, Select Network Settings.
- Thirdly, Select Reset Now.
Update Your Device Drivers
Network Adapters require gadget drivers to work accurately. Refresh the drivers and again to address security and dependability issue like WiFi Doesn’t Have A Valid IP Configuration Problem. Windows might refresh your driver to a nonexclusive organization connector, and this may likewise be the reason for systems administration mistakes.
Producers consistently assess and update their equipment drivers. The best arrangement is consistently to have the first hardware maker’s drivers introduced on your PC.
Driver Support makes this simple by making a stock of your equipment, checking the drivers that are to be introduce, and permitting you to refresh your drivers to the right ones across the board place.
Rather than going to the Device Manager to eliminate the flow Network Adapter Driver and physically attempt to introduce the right one, essentially introduce Driver Support and let it deal with every one of your drivers for you.
Visit: Network Adapter Driver
Check If Network Service Is Running
Windows utilizes a Service to consequently oversee network changes on your PC. The Service ought to be hurrying to guarantee any progressions are figure able and tend to by the product.
To check in case, your Network Service is running,
- hit the Windows Key and type “administrations” in the pursuit box.
- The Services Application will be in the Application list. Click on the icon to open the application.Contingent upon your PC, it might set aside some effort to stack.
- In the rundown of administrations, look down to WLAN AutoConfig Service, right snap, and select properties.
- Guarantee the Status of the assistance is “Running” and that the Startup Type is set “Programmed.” Assuming this isn’t true, roll out the improvements and restart your PC. Check assuming systems administration are reestablishing. If still not working, continue to the subsequent stage.
The steps mentioned above should resolve the WiFi Doesn’t Have A Valid IP Configuration issue, and you would finally connect to the internet. Additionally, the error will go away by using the steps in the beginning. But, if the error persists or recurs, it is recommended to go through each step systematically to resolve the issue permanently.
See also: How To Find Wifi Password On MAC? Follow These 5 Steps!
Carly Earl is Guardian Australia picture editor. She has worked as a photographer and picture editor in Sydney for 8 years, previously for The Daily Telegraph and Sunday Telegraph.