Finally, you have taken a step forward for your musical passion. We think you have arrived on the right platform to begin your journey with the following music making apps. As music not only soothes a mind, but it is also the best distraction technique when stressed with work.
6 Best Music Making Apps As Good As Your Equipment
If your investments are a little tight initially, here are some great music making apps that should help you strike the right notes and get you started in this musical journey:
It couldn’t get any simpler than this as it is clean UI and easy to use. If you have a Mac or an IOS device, you’re all set. This is one of the music making apps developed by Apple, known for its dominance in the audio-visual industry, packs existing loops and MIDI Keyboards (for simplicity: a virtual piano board), along with pre-existing vocal recordings and numerous effects for instruments. With a 4-star rating by over 37.2 thousand people and over a million downloads, it promises a great deal.
- Higher Audio Resolutions: 16- and 24-bit audio resolutions to get superior vocal quality and get out those “hidden” riffs.
- Pitch Correction: With a little effort and a bit of practice, you’ll be hitting those G#s in no time. But until then, GarageBand has got you covered with its auto-tuning facilities to get those highs just right.
- Lessons: With several demos and a “How Did I Play?” feature to measure your accuracy. Experiment as much as you want with the free-to-remix demos from
- Featured artists. Strum the guitar just right.
- While it feels unmatched, the app does not work outside the Apple environment. It proves to be pretty limiting.
- Only a handful of features are available on the versions released for the iOS. Music lessons, majority time stamps, free and downloadable content failed to make it on this version. Most extensions are not bundled-in, and you must download it from the App Store.
Download : GarageBand Music Making App
Remix, beat-drops, and electronics spark hidden energy in you. EDM is evolving, and you are determined to be a part of the crew. If you’ve got the juice, this application will cover you. The top DJs have used it and claimed it to be amongst the best. The FL Studio application has a ton of features to support your DJ career and one of the best music making apps.
- Low System requirements: FL Studios require minimal system requirements. For example- a 2GHz AMD or Intel Pentium 3 CPU with full SSE1 support, something almost all basic PCs consist of, etc. It requires 2 GB of free disk space and 4 GB of RAM.
- Virtual effects: It has the flexibility to manipulate pitches, harmonization, correction, and editing. Also, it provides features like compression, reverb, and equalization for a stronger bass or treble. Like this, the list goes on.
- Plug-ins: ‘FL Studios’ offers numerous plug-ins to satisfy your musical satiety. The virtual drum pads can root to independent outputs, to Noise reduction, the Plug-ins have it all.
- Samples: With over 5000 royalty-free samples, orchestral effects, and drum-pad beats, FL studios aids you to drop a sick beat. Get the music rolling.
- FL studios might burn a hole in your pocket as for the essential products cost a one-time fee of $99. The free future updates go all the way to $899 including the best FL Studio has to offer.
Download : FL Studio
It is one of the amazing music making apps that turns out to be excellent as it listens to its users’ requests. Such is the one of the fantastic music making apps called Steinberg Cubasis. With writing the app from scratch and numerous features, this application must be considered a star in the world’s stage. Group Tracks, the feature that lets you combine multiple tracks to edit it out like a single one, are just the chorus.
- Touch Accuracy: Unlike many applications, the Cubasis provides the most accurate touch accuracy with its zoom mode.
- DAW: With a fully supportable digital audio workstation (DAW), making it much easier to navigate through features with ease.
- Samples: The application packs more than 75+ presents. It is entirely ready-to-use.
- Cross-Platform: The I-phone screen seems a little small? Easily port your work to your I-pad or Desktop with a few clicks.
- The application has its advantages priced at $50 for the Cubasis 3. However, Cubasis 2 prices at a range of $24.99.
Download : Steinberg Cubasis Music Making App
Audacity might sing songs of popularity, being free and simple. The software is entirely user-friendly, with clean and simple UI to be understood by the people breaking into music. With tons of great features, tutorials, updates, and cross-platform support (Windows, macOS and UNIX alike), it takes the cake for being simply the best free software or DAW, evident by being one of the most downloaded audio-editing software/music making apps. It should be by your side, always. Precisely, these features make it as one of the mostly used music making apps.
- Vocal Editing: It provides unlimited levels of undoing, precision with speed without disturbing the pitch or vice versa, reverb, fade, noise cancellation, and much more.
- Multitracking mixing: Audacity offers to mix up to 96KHz
- Vocal reduction: Convert your favorite songs to their karaoke versions.
- There are no real-time effects or dynamic equalizer controls.
Download : Audacity Music Making App
The name says it all. Most of the DAWs we mentioned do not support live playback. Ableton Live is your pal to overcome this problem and provide you the smoothest experience for a live performance to rock your audience. Thus this feature makes this app as one of the amazing music making apps.
- Instruments: Play the best electronic piano, beat the best electro-drums, and even an FM synthesizer.
- Audio effects: Ableton Live allows you to experiment with the best of sound effects like Envelops, Drum Bass, Delays, and much more.
- The best version costs upwards of $749. The compact screen size makes it prone to human errors.
Download : Ableton Live Music Making App
This cross-platform tool is designed specifically for a wide range of sound recording and production. A perfect blend of electrical, computer, and audio engineering. It can work as standalone software with a more primitive technology such as external analog converter for PCIs (Peripheral Component Interconnect). Also, this is one of the music making apps which creates a perfect user experience.
- Effects: At such a macro-level, the application provides a convenient method to add effects like reverb, equalization, and vocal compression.
- Real-time: All audio effects and additional instrumental playbacks (even virtual ones) can be used in the live feedback and processed efficiently.
- Cross-platform: It allows to work across a significantly different audio environment. Also, it matches the industry standards.
- It offers high pricing range.
- The structure is suitable for professionals.
- There are pro-tools specific interfaces, which means it’s not home-recording friendly. It is a sophisticated software to get around. However, it may take years to master.
Download : Pro Tools Music Making App
As per the best recommendations, these six music making apps are considered the best for your apparent taste and passion for music. These music making apps are the best apps to start your journey of the singing sensation.
Hey everyone! I’m just a simple guy who absolutely loves tech. It’s my dream to make sure that all the updates in the tech world reach everyone is simple words. Hope you have a good time on my blog! 🙂