Twitter is a full social networking site. The capability to pin tweets to your profile is among Twitter’s most used features. We will demonstrate How to pin Retweets in this article. Also, how to pin someone else’s tweet using the web, mobile app, or Twitter API.
When the tweet appears on your timeline, hit the three dots and choose “Pin to your profile.” It will then appear on your Twitter profile as the very first tweet. You must retweet the original tweet from your account before you pin it.
This guide will demonstrate how to pin someone else’s tweet to the fullest, whether you’re a personal user or a corporation. Additionally, we will address a few often-asked queries by squeezing a Tweet.
- 1 What could be the main causes or factors behind pinning someone’s tweet?
- 2 There are many ways to pin another user’s tweet, including:
- 3 FAQs
- 4 Conclusion
What could be the main causes or factors behind pinning someone’s tweet?
A user could decide to pin any tweet to their Twitter profile for several reasons:
- We are highlighting Important Information: Pinning a tweet can be a great way to highlight announcements or important information, such as upcoming occasions, fresh merchandise, or important news.
- Advocating a cause: Pinning a tweet can help maintain a message at the top of your profile to be more visible to your followers. Twitter is a strong tool for promoting social and political issues.
- Reminders for yourself: Pinning a tweet can be a helpful method to keep a reminder for yourself, such as a to-do list or a motivating remark, at the top of your profile.
- Putting your portfolio on display: If you’re a professional, you can pin a tweet that features your accomplishments, work, and portfolio.
- Supporting a brand or company: If you represent a company or brand, you can pin a tweet highlighting a current promotion, new service, or product introduction.
- Creating a conversation: You can pin a tweet that sparks discussion about a hot issue. This tweet can include a poll, a question, or a remark.
- Message amplification: Pinning a tweet can assist in enhancing any message that you wish to communicate with your followers, be it a call to action, a message of encouragement, or anything else.
There are many ways to pin another user’s tweet, including:
How do I save someone else’s tweet? Only your profile can have tweets pinned; other people’s profiles cannot have tweets pinned. Below are examples of several approaches.
On the Web
Here is a 5 step tutorial on how to pin another person’s tweet on the internet:
- Firstly, Enter your account information at Twitter.com.
- Search for the tweet you wish to save. You can do this by conducting a user name search or looking through your timeline.
- The next step is selecting the tweet by reaching the three dots in the top-right corner of the message.
- You’ll see a drop-down menu. Choose “Pin to your profile” from the drop-down option.
- The tweet will now be visible to all your followers because it has been pinned to the top of your profile.
To remove the pin, go to your profile and select “Unpin from profile” from the three dots in the top-right corner of the tweet.
On the Twitter API
Here is a step-by-step tutorial on using the Twitter API to pin someone else’s tweet:
- You must create a new project and Twitter developer account. As a result, you will be given the API key and API secret.
- After configuring your developer account, you must make an access token and access token secret. For this, you can use the developer portal.
- It would be best if you used the POST statuses/update endpoint, the tweet ID you wish to pin, and the “pinned” parameter with the value “true” to pin a tweet using the Twitter API.
- To submit the request, you must include the following details:
- Your API key is the OAuth consumer key.
- OAuth nonce: An arbitrary character set
- OAuth signature method: How the request’s signature was created (usually HMAC-SHA1)
- OAuth timestamp: when the request was made (in seconds since the Unix epoch)
- OAuth token: Using your access key
- OAuth version: The OAuth version in use (usually 1.0)
- Status: “true” is the tweet ID you want to pin.
- The tweet will be displayed to all your followers once the request has been sent, processed, and pinned to the top of your profile.
- Finally, Send an identical request set to “false” with the “pinned” parameter to remove the pin.
Note: To proceed with the above steps, you should know the Twitter API‘s fundamentals and grasp the programming language you’ll utilize.
On the Mobile App
The following six instructions will show you how to pin someone else’s tweet on your mobile device:
- Log into your account by opening the Twitter app on your smartphone.
- To find the tweet you wish to save, do a search. Alternatively, you can browse through your timeline or conduct a name-based search for the user.
- Further, click on the three dots in the tweet’s upper-right corner when you’ve found it.
- Furthermore, A menu will be visible. Select “Pin to your profile” from the menu.
- All of your followers will be able to see the tweet due to the pin.
- Tap the three dots in the tweet’s upper-right corner, then choose “Unpin” from the menu to remove the pin.
- Before attempting to pin a tweet, check that the Twitter app is updated and installed on your device.
Can I add another person's tweet to my profile?
You can use the site, a mobile app, or the Twitter API to pin a tweet from Someone else to your profile. Only pin tweets to your profile; you cannot pin tweets to the profiles of other users.
Is a tweet pinned to my profile, and how can I tell?
A tweet pinned to your profile will be shown above all other tweets at the top. A pushpin icon is available at the top right corner of the tweet.
Can I add more than one tweet to my profile?
On your profile, you can pin several tweets. There will only be one tweet visible at the top of your profile.
Does the tweet pin alert the original tweeter?
Pinning a tweet won't alert the tweeter who originally sent it. Retweeting or liking a tweet, however, will alert the original tweeter.
In conclusion, it’s easy to pin a tweet on Twitter, and you may do it using the website, a mobile app, or the Twitter API. How to pin someone else’s tweet is shown to you through different devices.
It would help if you used the POST statuses/update endpoint, the tweet ID you wish to pin, and the “pinned” parameter with the value “true” to pin a tweet using the Twitter API. Pick “Pin to your profile” from the drop-down option after clicking the three dots in the top right corner of the tweet you want to save. You must hit the three dots in the tweet’s upper right corner on the mobile app and choose “Pin to your profile” before accomplishing this. Read this blog to know how you can use the voice tweet feature.
Before knowing, How to pin someone else’s tweet, it’s vital to remember that tweets can only be pinned to your profile; You can’t pin it on anyone else’s account.
Hey everyone! We are a group of Computer Engineers who have dedicated their lives to tech. It’s our dream to make sure that all the updates in the tech world reach everyone is simple words. Hope you have a good time on the blog! 🙂