Twitter is a complete social networking site. The capability to pining tweets to your profile is among Twitter’s most used features. We will demonstrate How to pin Retweets in this article. Also, how to pin someone else’s tweet using the web, mobile app, or Twitter API.
Table of Contents
What could be the leading causes or factors behind pinning someone’s tweet?
- Advocating a cause: Pinning a tweet can help maintain a message at the top of your profile to be more visible to your followers. Twitter is a strong tool for promoting social and political issues.
- Putting your portfolio on display: If you’re a professional, you can pin a tweet that features your accomplishments, work, and portfolio.
- Supporting a brand or company: If you represent a company or brand, you can pin a tweet highlighting a current promotion, new service, or product introduction.
- Creating a conversation: You can pin a tweet that sparks discussion about a hot issue. This tweet can include a poll, a question, or a remark.
There are many ways to pin another user’s tweet, including:
How do I save someone else’s tweet? Only your profile can have tweets pinned; other people’s profiles cannot have tweets pinned. Below are examples of several approaches.
On the Web
Here is a 5 step tutorial on how to pin another person’s tweet on the internet:
- Firstly, Enter your account information at Twitter.com.
- Search for the tweet you wish to save. You can do this by conducting a user name search or looking through your timeline.
- The next step is selecting the tweet by reaching the three dots in the top-right corner of the message.
- You’ll see a drop-down menu. Choose “Pin to your profile” from the drop-down option.
- The tweet will now be visible to all your followers because it has been pinned to the top of your profile.
To remove the pin, go to your profile and select “Unpin from profile” from the three dots in the top-right corner of the tweet.
On the Twitter API
Here is a step-by-step tutorial on using the Twitter API to pin someone else’s tweet:
- You must create a new project and Twitter developer account. As a result, you will be given the API key and API secret.
- After configuring your developer account, you must make an access token and access token secret. For this, you can use the developer portal.
- It would be best if you used the POST statuses/update endpoint, the tweet ID you wish to pin, and the “pinned” parameter with the value “true” to pin a tweet using the Twitter API. To submit the request, you must include the following details:
- Your API key is the OAuth consumer key.
- OAuth nonce: An arbitrary character set
- OAuth signature method: How the request’s signature was created (usually HMAC-SHA1)
- OAuth timestamp: when the request was made (in seconds since the Unix epoch)
- OAuth token: Using your access key
- OAuth version: The OAuth version in use (usually 1.0)
Note: To proceed with the above steps, you should know the Twitter API‘s fundamentals and grasp the programming language you’ll utilize.
On the Mobile App
The following six instructions will show you how to pin someone else’s tweet on your mobile device:
- Log into your account by opening the Twitter app on your smartphone.
- To find the tweet you wish to save, search. Alternatively, you can browse your timeline or conduct a name-based search for the user. Further, when you’ve found it, click on the three dots in the tweet’s upper-right corner.
- Furthermore, A menu will be visible. Select “Pin to your profile” from the menu.
- Your followers will be able to see the tweet due to the pin. Tap the three dots in the tweet’s upper-right corner, then choose “Unpin” from the menu to remove the pin.
- Before pining a tweet, check that the Twitter app is updated and installed on your device.
Can I add another person's tweet to my profile?
You can use the site, a mobile app, or the Twitter API to pin a tweet from Someone else to your profile. Only pin tweets to your profile; you cannot pin tweets to the profiles of other users.
Is a tweet pinned to my profile, and how can I tell?
A tweet pinned to your profile will be shown above all other tweets at the top. A pushpin icon is available at the top right corner of the tweet.
Can I add more than one tweet to my profile?
On your profile, you can pin several tweets. There will only be one tweet visible at the top of your profile.
Does the tweet pin alert the original tweeter?
Pinning a tweet won't alert the tweeter who originally sent it. Retweeting or liking a tweet, however, will alert the original tweeter.
In conclusion, it’s easy to pin a tweet on Twitter, and you may do it using the website, a mobile app, or the Twitter API. Different devices show how to pin someone else’s tweet, especially on top.
It would help if you used the POST statuses/update endpoint, the tweet ID you wish to pin, and the “pinned” parameter with the value “true” to pin a tweet using the Twitter API. Pick “Pin to your profile” from the drop-down option after clicking the three dots in the top right corner of the tweet you want to save. You must hit the three dots in the tweet’s upper right corner on the mobile app and choose “Pin to your profile” before accomplishing this. Read this blog to know how you can use the voice tweet feature.
Before knowing, How to pin someone else’s tweet, it’s vital to remember that tweets can only be pinned to your profile; You can’t pin it on anyone else’s account.
Dedicated group of Computer Engineers making tech updates accessible to all. Our dream is to simplify and share tech news with everyone.