As we all know, in this digital world, every user has good internet connectivity at their home and office. So, anyone can take advantage of internet-based streaming services to watch their favourite movies, tv shows and live tv channels, etc. That’s why, nowadays, we can see several streaming services such as Netflix, Amazon, etc. Likewise, Disney has Disney Plus, and with this streaming platform, Disney is gaining viewers’ attention with its elite shows like; Wanda vision, The Newsroom, and many more. Now talking about how to add disney plus to vizio smart tv, last year in March, Vizio launched a new update through which viewers can download and watch disney plus vizio.
Vizio has two types of smart TVs.
- Vizio Smartcast TVs.
In Smartcast TVs, you can install any additional apps.
- Vizio Internet Apps (VIA) TVs.
In VIA TVs, Google Play Store is pre-installed. You can use the Play Store to install apps.
How To Add Disney Plus To Vizio Smart TV?
If you don’t know how to add disney plus to vizio smart tv due to the older version, then cast the contents of the app from your Smartphone. There is no way to install or sideload third-party apk files on Vizio Smartcast TVs. You can use the built-in Chromecast or AirPlay support and start streaming Android and iOS smartphones’ content.
How To Watch Disney Plus On Vizio Smart TV Using Android Smartphone?
- Download and install the Disney Plus app on your Android Smartphone.
- Launch the app on your mobile. The available Vizio Smartcast TV will appear. Tap on it to make the casting connection.
- Now, play any video from your mobile, and it will be mirror/cast on your Smartcast TV.
This is how you can cast disney plus on vizio smart tv using your Android phone.
How To Watch Disney Plus On A Vizio Smart TV Using AirPlay 2 For iPhone Users?
- Download and install the official or unofficial Disney Plus app on an iOS device. Skip the step if already installed.
- Open the Disney Plusapp and sign in with account credentials.
- Next, you can see a Cast button right on the home screen. Ignore it for now, as it won’t work with your Vizio TV until the promised software update in December.
- Select a movie or tv show on your device and start watching it on your device. Then click on the pause button as soon as it starts.
- Find the Cast icon on the top-right corner of the app screen and tap on it.
- Now you can see both a Cast button and an AirPlay button in the top-right corner of the device.
- Tap the AirPlay button >>> check the list of available AirPlay 2 devices on your home network. Your Vizio Smart TV should be among the available options.
- Select the Vizio Tv model name, and start streaming vizio disney plus contents on the big screen.
This is how to add disney plus to vizio smart tv using AirPlay 2.
Know-How To Download And Install Disney Plus On Vizio Internet Apps TV
- Firstly, Press the V button on the TV remote to open the app store.
- Secondly, Look for the Disney Plus app.
- Click the OK button to install the app on your VIA TV.
- When the app is installed, it will be available on the My Apps tab. Open the app.
- Finally, Log in with the Disney+ subscribed account and start watching Disney movies and series.
In conclusion, Hope this article helped you and now you know how to add disney plys to vizio smart tv. But here are some important points you should remember before installing disney plus on vizio.
- If you have a Vizio VIA Smart TV, then install the Disney+ on Vizio Tv.
- Next, if you have Vizio SmartCast TVs from 2016 and later models, then download them from the built-in apps section.
- If you have an older model of Vizio Smartcast TV, cast the app from your Smartphone (Android & iOS).
- Right now, official Disney Plus is available in the US, Canada, the Netherlands, Austria, Germany, Italy, Spain, Switzerland, France, India, Belgium, Denmark, Iceland, Finland, Norway, Portugal, Sweden, United Kingdom, Ireland, Isle of Man, Monaco, Wallis and Futuna, French West Indies, French Guiana, New Caledonia,
Lead Photographer, Lead Advice Editor for @CNET in Europe. Love: the outdoors, music, food, snowboarding, animals, beer, coffee, lists. Personal views.