If you have an iPhone and a PC with Windows OS, you will have this problem of your i phone not being recognized by the computer more than often. The problem is that Windows and Apple are two big rivals in the business and both of them do not make any efforts whatsoever to improve the compatibility of their devices with each other. Thus, you must know about fixing this problem of “Computer Not Recognizing iPhone”.
I am not saying that you will face this issue every time you try to connect your i phone to your Windows PC. I am just saying that there is a chance that you might have faced this problem at least once. If you do face this problem, you need not worry too much about it because this is a common issue and there are many methods for fixing this issue. There is no single major reason behind this problem. This problem can be caused because of various factors. Since this is the case, there is no single major solution for fixing this issue too.
If you do face this problem, you need not worry too much about it because this is a common issue and there are many methods for fixing this issue. Also, there is no single major reason behind this problem. This problem can be caused because of various factors. Moreover, if there is no single major solution for fixing this issue too.
There are many methods is being used by people successfully for solving this issue of the computer not recognizing iPhone.
How to Fix If Computer Not Recognizing iPhone
Basic Method to see why Computer Not Recognizing iPhone
You should first try the basic things before trying to solve this issue using advanced methods. Following are some of the basic things that you can do first to fix this problem.
- Check if your USB cable is in proper condition and not damaged. If your USB cable is damaged, try using a different USB cable. Make sure the USB that you are using is iPhone compatible.
- Try connecting the cable to a different USB port on your computer.
- Wait for some time to see if the computer detects your phone automatically.
- Also, if the phone is locked, unlock the phone to see if the problem is solved.
- Cancel all the programs running on your computer.
- Temporarily disable the firewalls made by the anti-virus on your computer.
These are the basic things that you should check or do for solving the issue of your computer not recognizing your iphone. Even after doing all the things said above, try the following methods below if it solves your issue.
Re-installing your iTunes on your iPhone might solve this issue of your computer not recognizing your iPhone. Also, the bugs on your phone might cause this problem. Re-installing iTunes will remove these bugs from your iPhone, if any.
Similarly, just follow these simple steps for fixing this issue by reinstalling iTunes.
Just follow these simple steps for fixing this issue by reinstalling iTunes.
- Uninstall iTunes
- Reinstall it from Apple website.
- Connect iPhone to PC using USB cable.
- Expand Universal serial bus controller from the device manager.
- Open the properties by double clicking on Apple mobile device USB manager.
- Update the driver from the driver tab.
Re-connect your iPhone to the computer using an intact USB cable to see if it fixes the issue or not.
Sometimes the problem might be not with your iPhone. The problem might be with your Windows PC. One of the main reason behind your Computer Not Recognizing iPhone must be an outdated Windows. The solution for fixing this problem of outdated Windows is updating your Windows.
For updating your Windows, just follow these steps.
- Go to control panel.
- Click on update and security settings.
- Click on Windows update and look for recent updates.
- Follow the given instructions.
Remember, for this method to work; your computer must have an original version of Windows OS running on your computer. Restart the computer after updating to see if fixing the problem works.
Restart Apple Mobile Device Support
Now, pausing and starting again the Apple mobile device support on your PC can solve the issue of your Computer Not Recognizing iPhone.
For doing so, follow these steps.
- Press windows key + R.
- Type services.msc in the dialog box that appears and clicks enter.
- Right click on the apple Mobile device service and go to properties.
- Click on Stop to pause the Apple mobile device service.
- Wait for 3-5 seconds and then click on start again.
Restart your computer once this process is complete. This is to check after the computer resolves your problem.
Add your computer as a trusted device on your iPhone
If you are connecting your i phone to a new computer for the first a pop-up will appear reading Trust this computer? Once you click Trust, you can access all the contents of your phone whenever you connect your phone to that computer. Also, if you tap on don’t trust, you won’t be able to access the contents on your phone through the computer. Make sure you tap on Trust if you are trying to connect your i phone to your computer.
All in All, these were the most common and useful methods used by many people across the world to fix the issue of the Computer Not Recognizing iPhone. Hope this article was helpful for you.
Hey everyone! We are a group of Computer Engineers who have dedicated their lives to tech. It’s our dream to make sure that all the updates in the tech world reach everyone is simple words. Hope you have a good time on the blog! 🙂