Construction estimation apps are designed to help engineers calculate stuff that requires a lot of effort and time. In the past, it took much time to calculate and work on the design of a construction. With the advancement of technology, software engineers have come up with some best construction apps for contractors that would help them design, calculate, test, and redesign their construction with the help of models.
To overcome errors, engineers have come up with various estimating apps that help them work on models rather than working on whole construction architecture. These models are sometimes 2D or 3D design on a computer, and sometimes they are a working prototype in hand.
Top 5 Best Construction Apps for 2021
As we are now aware, what are construction cost estimating apps? Why are these apps used? Now, we move on by listing the best construction apps that are used in 2021.
This kind of app has been designed to help engineers work onsite easily, effortlessly, and efficiently through mobile. It is not easy to carry a computer everywhere. It is difficult to carry computers on sites like Forests, Desert areas, Open space areas. Because a computer needs to be run on wires, even the laptop’s battery won’t last more than 5 hours. To overcome this problem, these kinds of apps have been developed by many companies.
These apps are used to calculate the number of raw materials required to complete a construction project. It deals with various onsite calculations such as:
- The number of bricks required.
- Amount of paint required.
- Amount of wood and teak required for furniture.
- The construction of a building is semi-furnished and fully furnished.
- The volume of concrete or cement and sand required.
- Calculation of wall blocks and armatures needed etc.
This app is only available for Androids but is one of the best apps for construction.
Visit: Building Calculator
This app is also named after the company which created it and is available for both Android and IOS users. This is one of the best construction apps as it helps you connect yourself with your field team, project manager, contractor’s foreman.
You can do much more in this app compared to other apps like PlanGrid. In this app, you can do stuff such as:
- Create and share drawings and blueprints.
- View HD plans quickly.
- Automatic hyperlinking & OCR(Optical Character Recognition).
- Create markups and annotations.
- Updating photos of the progress of construction site and RFI(Request For Information) hyperlinking.
- Export layered PDF blueprints and much more.
Most of its features work both online and offline. One of its extraordinary features is, you can upload your files to the cloud and dropbox.
This app is available for both Android and IOS users. This app helps you create the blueprints of the construction sites you are working on. The best thing about this app is, it can be easily synced over WiFi and network data.
On this app, you can share the data that relates to your blueprints, notes, and drawings.
You can also share field markups and update photos on the progress of the construction project. You can also create and send RFI(Requests For Information)’s on the app.
DEWALT Mobile Pro
This app is a featured calculator and reference tool designed for construction professionals.
It has many templates for every Jobsite calculation. It is useful in the below-mentioned ways:
- Provides an instant solution to various critical job-site questions.
- Restored Mathematical formulae and functions which ease the work.
- Explains the concepts through real-world examples.
- Helps in visualizing the situation within brief illustrations.
- Used to share your calculations and results instantly by email.
- Filter and create your favorite tools to make calculations easy and handy.
It is used for Business Math, Carpentry, Concrete work, Construction Math, Landscaping, Trim Carpentry, Finish Materials, and Site work, therefore, making it one of the best construction apps.
Visit: Dewalt Mobile Pro
Autodesk BIM 360
This is an app from the Autodesk company. It is one of the finest and constant app in the world to solve construction problems. It has the following features:
- Helps create and share markups with the help of freehand, shapes, and text inputs.
- Useful in syncing the data both online and offline.
- Automatically notifies about changes done in your files by anyone.
- Helpful in viewing and completing the checklists assigned to you on mobile.
- You can pin and mark sheets.
- Navigate from one drawing to the other with callout hyperlinking.
- Lightning-fast zoom and pan for 2D and 3D models.
Autodesk BIM is definitely an app you should give a try since it has a lot of amazing features.
Visit: BIM 360
Hopefully, this list of the top best construction apps would help you to find the perfect app for you. Make sure to check them all out.
Hey everyone! I’m just a simple guy who absolutely loves tech. It’s my dream to make sure that all the updates in the tech world reach everyone is simple words. Hope you have a good time on my blog! 🙂